P700 New 700-4 owner la

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
So after dropping arctic kitties and problaris's after years of unreliable utv's sitting in shops for months at a time. I decided to try out the a 2016 pioneer 700 P4. Mainly for reliability, a warrant that will actually cover items, and lack of belt drive. Found the auto tranny to be nice change, and am not worried about elevation issues that seem to affect some owners. It is used for cruising around back roads and hunting in ms river bottom swamps. I know absolutely nothing about Honda's. Few questions. As far as water intrusion, all I need to worry about is air intake, gas vent line, and front and rear diff's correct? Any other tips or info to be shared will be well appreciated, thanks..

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @Kracker.
It want take you long to get accustom to the Honda. And if you need help we are here to help you.
As for water. Gas tank is the most important. It has calmed a few riders.
Here is a PSA you may enjoy about why - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT if you ride water! | The Honda Side by Side Club!
Other then that. Front and Rear diff is the only thing most people do.
Some deep water riders do the fan breather tube and the coolant overflow. But many don't.
The engine case breaths into the air box so its no issue.

Feel free to post all your questions. You will get a answer in short time.
Thanks.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club @Kracker.
It want take you long to get accustom to the Honda. And if you need help we are here to help you.
As for water. Gas tank is the most important. It has calmed a few riders.
Here is a PSA you may enjoy about why - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT if you ride water! | The Honda Side by Side Club!
Other then that. Front and Rear diff is the only thing most people do.
Some deep water riders do the fan breather tube and the coolant overflow. But many don't.
The engine case breaths into the air box so its no issue.

Feel free to post all your questions. You will get a answer in short time.
Thanks.
Thanks for the info I'll be sure to do so and appreciate the reply.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Another question. Do 28's fit under the front end of the '16 models without a rubbing issue or do I need to hang with 27's. Won't be running aggressive tires something like the big horns or I have ran rip saws that wear great but tend to gum up bad with gumbo mud.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Welcome aboard and congrats on a great machine.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Kracker!!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm running 28" Swamp Lites. No rubbing at all.

Welcome aboard

Where in La do you ride? We are in Cenla

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I'm running 28" Swamp Lites. No rubbing at all.

Welcome aboard

Where in La do you ride? We are in Cenla
Used to ride Angola a lot, now ride back roads tunica area and Ft Adams, go to tower tracks occasionally

advertisement
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Used to ride Angola a lot, now ride back roads tunica area and Ft Adams, go to tower tracks occasionally
Do those 28's run true size or they smaller? Most I'd like to hafta do is maybe pipe up the front springs an inch or so at most, not gona go the lift route anymore. More of cruise relax sip a beer type now as opposed to barreling off into everything now. Thanks for help and info

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do those 28's run true size or they smaller? Most I'd like to hafta do is maybe pipe up the front springs an inch or so at most, not gona go the lift route anymore. More of cruise relax sip a beer type now as opposed to barreling off into everything now. Thanks for help and info

I haven't measured them. I'm out of town for the week so I won't be able to get a measurement.
I've seen issues in the past where tires can have a squared off profile or round profile. The squared profile tires tend to rub in the turns. The Swamp Lites would be considered round.

Hope that helps.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't measured them. I'm out of town for the week so I won't be able to get a measurement.
I've seen issues in the past where tires can have a squared off profile or round profile. The squared profile tires tend to rub in the turns. The Swamp Lites would be considered round.

Hope that helps.
Yeh I have had tons of cats and popo's never worried bout it much didn't wana sap power or setup for extreme riding mainly get me in out the swamp and ride had ripsaws with 2,000 miles on em on crew ranger barely worn tires bout only thing worth damn, need something that will wear better than lites, good tires they just wear bad on limestone and pavement. Might get a set to run swamp and just put stocks on for other riding...
Thanks for info

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Actually was able to finally pickup bike and use it last few days hunting and I am enjoying this bike. If it last as most say it will Honda will have a devoted buyer from here out

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!