P700 New 700 pioneer -2 engine vibration

K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
First time out this weekend with my new 2021 Pioneer 700 Deluxe -2, so far I have 45 miles on it, I like the machine very much (except) it has a engine vibration right had 7/8 MPH. It will shake the the whole machine all the way through to the steering wheel.
As soon as I let off or increase RPMs it goes away, it is right at a 7/8 MPH or at that RPM range.
It's like a harmonic shake through the engine, it is not in the drive train. Is this normal for all 700 Pioneers? Any body else have this issue?
It seems very strange to me for a Honda to have an issue like this in their engines, I have a 2016 Honda Rincon which has the same motor and it is butter smooth all the way from idle to cruising speed.
I'm thinking it will need to go back to dealer.

Thanks
kenner

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First time out this weekend with my new 2021 Pioneer 700 Deluxe -2, so far I have 45 miles on it, I like the machine very much (except) it has a engine vibration right had 7/8 MPH. It will shake the the whole machine all the way through to the steering wheel.
As soon as I let off or increase RPMs it goes away, it is right at a 7/8 MPH or at that RPM range.
It's like a harmonic shake through the engine, it is not in the drive train. Is this normal for all 700 Pioneers? Any body else have this issue?
It seems very strange to me for a Honda to have an issue like this in their engines, I have a 2016 Honda Rincon which has the same motor and it is butter smooth all the way from idle to cruising speed.
I'm thinking it will need to go back to dealer.

Thanks
kenner
So let me get this straight, you got rid of a P1LE cuz you didn't like it for various reasons and then you went and downgraded, yes i said downgraded but to each his own everyone has there reasons.
to P7 single cylinder and expect it to be better or smother than the P1 you sold and u think it needs to go back to the dealer for this? 🤨

Reactions: toddvdh
K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
WOW, what a good video, never thought Honda would produce a product that shakes like this, not good.

kenner

Reactions: DG Rider
K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
So let me get this straight, you got rid of a P1LE cuz you didn't like it for various reasons and then you went and downgraded, yes i said downgraded but to each his own everyone has there reasons.
to P7 single cylinder and expect it to be better or smother than the P1 you sold and u think it needs to go back to the dealer for this? 🤨
I never said I expected it to be smoother than the 1000, your words not mine, I have a Rincon 680 single cyl. same motor that the 700 has and it is butter smooth.
kenner

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I never said I expected it to be smoother than the 1000, your words not mine, I have a Rincon 680 single cyl. same motor that the 700 has and it is butter smooth.
kenner
Never said that you said that. My point was that you hated the P1 in a week of having it and sold it to buy a P7 and your not happy again. Just tryin to figure you out? You did it not me lol no need to get testy. You're also comparing apples to Oranges with those 2 machines, two completely different platforms just sayin
WOW, what a good video, never thought Honda would produce a product that shakes like this, not good.

kenner
Sounds like a u need to own a Poo Poo (Polaris) for a bit then get another Honda 😂

K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
OK, before this gets way over blown, I was just asking if this is a normal issue with the Pioneer 700, if it is I have no issue, I just need to find out if I had a problem or not. That is all there is to it.
So if you want to keep this bulls*** up , have at it. I'm done.
kenner

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

kenner
Harley has existed for decades based on "character" - IE engines that are inherently unbalanced. I kinda like the throbby nature of the 700 for the same reason...though it does create issues in other areas like sloppy door hinges that rattle. Or an exhaust that doesn't squeak. Or...try bending the skid plate up so that it contacts the cradle under load? That's a great sound!

Im not familiar with the Rincon. Could be that it's solidly mounted. So why not on the Pioneer? I'd guess maybe the rear drive shaft? Having only one u joint creates a cyclical wobble that you can kinda see in the video. Adding a second at an opposing angle cancels this (as on most vehicles), but now the rear diff pinion has to be rotated to closely match, so now the brake disc is into the frame. And so forth and so on. A packaging compromise...

Reactions: Remington
K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
Harley has existed for decades based on "character" - IE engines that are inherently unbalanced. I kinda like the throbby nature of the 700 for the same reason...though it does create issues in other areas like sloppy door hinges that rattle. Or an exhaust that doesn't squeak. Or...try bending the skid plate up so that it contacts the cradle under load? That's a great sound!

Im not familiar with the Rincon. Could be that it's solidly mounted. So why not on the Pioneer? I'd guess maybe the rear drive shaft? Having only one u joint creates a cyclical wobble that you can kinda see in the video. Adding a second at an opposing angle cancels this (as on most vehicles), but now the rear diff pinion has to be rotated to closely match, so now the brake disc is into the frame. And so forth and so on. A packaging compromise...
Everything you have said makes perfect sense to me, thank you for a straight answer.
kenner

Reactions: DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!