New Forum Software is UP!!!!.... What do you notice?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs Ok, I'm seeing a bit of a glitch I think (and perhaps it's because you're still in the process of getting things squared away, but I thought you should know nonetheless). First, The sub-menu down arrow does not show up on the Forum tab when you're scrolled all the way to the top where the banner (HONDA SxS CLUB) shows. If you scroll down just enough that the banner disappears, the sub-menu down arrow shows up.

View attachment 179536

View attachment 179537

MORE IMPORTANTLY, using the Default style, the sub-menu is active and I can see all of the options (New Posts, Find Thread, Watched, Search Forums, Mark Forums Read). BUT, when I switch to the UIX 2 style, the sub-menu down arrow shows up (subject to the conditions I indicated above), but clicking on the down arrow does nothing, the sub-menu never flies out. I notice that in the UIX 2 mode, the adjacent tab sub-menus automatically drop when you roll over the tab. The Forums tab sub-menu does not.

Finally, I use Chrome as my browser. I don't know if that matters, but thought you should know. Perhaps it only occurs when using Chrome.

Steve
Check this now.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
BB code works now! I like that for sure. Overall I think it's fine. No ad issues but I'm almost 100% on desk top so perhaps that helps vs the phone.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

Let me know about advertisements as I have turned some back on.
Lifetime and supporting members should not see any.

My apologies to my earlier Rant. I have Zero room to criticize anybody about the design of a web/forum. I'm old and cranky particularly in the morning , and my POS phone was most of the problem, and then a new forum design I had difficultly navigating. I also hadn't even finished the 1st cup of coffee.
Now, that I'm on my laptop everything looks ok. It does seem to be brighter.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My apologies to my earlier Rant. I have Zero room to criticize anybody about the design of a web/forum. I'm old and cranky particularly in the morning , and my POS phone was most of the problem, and then a new forum design I had difficultly navigating. I also hadn't even finished the 1st cup of coffee.
Still. Let me know of you see any. Other then when logged out.

And.. I'm asking for the forum to be criticized currently. So all good.
Thanks.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Hey, I'm old too and am known to shift instantly into "Get off my lawn!" mode. No worries.

Steve

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's something odd: you know how when you click on a thread, it usually takes you to the last page you've seen, right?

I've noticed certain threads (like HFAWHA or shots from the trail) always start me on the 1st page now.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here's something odd: you know how when you click on a thread, it usually takes you to the last page you've seen, right?

I've noticed certain threads (like HFAWHA or shots from the trail) always start me on the 1st page now.
I noticed this too and I cant quite remember how the old forum worked. lol.
anyways, this is what how it works now.
In the forum view, if you are logged in, clicking the title of emboldened thread (of an unread posts) will load the first unread post.
For threads with no unread posts, clicking the title will load the first post.
Clicking the date link will load the first post for either case.

BUT, you are wanting it to jump to the last post of a "read" post. correct?

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
OK, I think I figured out why I'm getting email alerts to posts in watched threads only when logged into the forum. I had turned off the emails in my preferences, but not in my subscribed threads. I've now found that option and all should be good.

advertisement