New guy on the block

S

StayingBusy23

Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2024
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Retired last year and using my shop to "stay busy". Had my share of big boy toys way back (first was a Honda 125 Elsinore - 1975) - surely enjoyed it. Towed it behind my ford falcon - bolted a cleat with pipe to bumper, removed front tire and bolted forks to cleat on bumper with front wheel bolt, removed the chain and hit the road.

Now with my hobby staying busy - I'm enjoying (fixing side by sides, zero turns, etc.) I've learn quite a bit from these forums and came across an issue on a Pioneer 520 (2022) that has me stumped and thought I'd share to see what ya'll think.

Will turn over but doesn't crank - did some TLC work (oil/filter/air filter/spark plug) and new battery, but not getting fuel to injector. Did feel/hear fuel pump turn on at one point and decided to pull pump to check screen since it is operated in a muddy work environment (will get fuel pressure gauge before next project). Pulled pump and bench checked - pump is working, screen is clean. Reinstalled and will not turn on. Began checking relay - have continuity from relay to pump on brown wire. However, have constant voltage on relay solenoid (key off) with power supplied on red wire but not through relay contact to brown wire. Shorted the two terminals and pump started - pressured up line. Now thinking it is a problem with the PGM_FI unit (computer/controller), but don't want to assume without some additional expertise. I did swap out the relay with two others and still the same. BTW - also re-spliced several wires (wiring harness) that feeds the throttle body (injector and sensors) that were chaffing on the sharp edges of the sensor - a couple that were almost severed.

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Retired last year and using my shop to "stay busy". Had my share of big boy toys way back (first was a Honda 125 Elsinore - 1975) - surely enjoyed it. Towed it behind my ford falcon - bolted a cleat with pipe to bumper, removed front tire and bolted forks to cleat on bumper with front wheel bolt, removed the chain and hit the road.

Now with my hobby staying busy - I'm enjoying (fixing side by sides, zero turns, etc.) I've learn quite a bit from these forums and came across an issue on a Pioneer 520 (2022) that has me stumped and thought I'd share to see what ya'll think.

Will turn over but doesn't crank - did some TLC work (oil/filter/air filter/spark plug) and new battery, but not getting fuel to injector. Did feel/hear fuel pump turn on at one point and decided to pull pump to check screen since it is operated in a muddy work environment (will get fuel pressure gauge before next project). Pulled pump and bench checked - pump is working, screen is clean. Reinstalled and will not turn on. Began checking relay - have continuity from relay to pump on brown wire. However, have constant voltage on relay solenoid (key off) with power supplied on red wire but not through relay contact to brown wire. Shorted the two terminals and pump started - pressured up line. Now thinking it is a problem with the PGM_FI unit (computer/controller), but don't want to assume without some additional expertise. I did swap out the relay with two others and still the same. BTW - also re-spliced several wires (wiring harness) that feeds the throttle body (injector and sensors) that were chaffing on the sharp edges of the sensor - a couple that were almost severed.
Welcome to the club from South Florida

I'm not familiar with the P5s at all but I'm sure someone will chime in to help out soon enough. In the meantime time.........we like pictures 😉 😂 post some!!! 😂................of the buggies, don't get all weird around here 🤨

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've learn quite a bit from these forums and came across an issue on a Pioneer 520 (2022)
Welcome from Michigan!
I would say you haven't learned enough!
First post and pics of the rig are required. These deputies get all ticket happy if you dont!
one other thing to learn on the forum…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 😉