P1000m5 New guy

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan.

That second battery won't solve your ills if the first is bad, so be sure to replace it even if adding a second. That second, when installed along with an isolator, is really only needed if you run a bunch of accessories and/or if you run your winch a bunch. It isolates all that to the auxiliary battery and preserves your primary battery for starts and for the 'finicky with low voltage' OE equipment (DCT, steering, etc.).
Man. Great info!!!! I’m going add two small 4”? LEDs up front and 12” rear. Also going to add a couple small interior LEDs, but all will be switched. The ONLY extra draw this thing will run consistently is the two small fronts at night. I don’t like the stadium level lighting. Might add a second batt. someday, but not planning on it now. Thanks again!

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to go Napa, I have the ETX14 AGM battery in mine for 4 years now, still doing good.

When you do that adjustment for the rear diff, get both tires up off the ground and dial it in until it engages / disengages in about 1/2 turn of the tire.
Got it. Thank you! I saved one of the YouTubes someone on here posted.

Spadoo

Spadoo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 30, 2024
Northern California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it. Thank you! I saved one of the YouTubes someone on here posted.
Welcome! I am new here as well. First mod I did (last weekend) was the dual battery upgrade. Although its the more expensive option, I installed the Odyssey PC925 battery.

If/when you move forward with a dual battery system, feel free to reach out with any questions. I PDF'd two different wiring diagrams I can share with you as well.