P1000m5 New guy

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First-time SxS owner, but had a 1983 ATC 200, ‘87 250X and later a TRX450R, so not a rookie. Mostly ridden Rangers. Anyway, just bought a 2017 w/ 2,200 mi. Already having minor issues, but this place has been helpful. The EPS light flickers some, but the battery is weak and I’ve read here that EPS and trans are voltage-sensitive. I’ve been trying to find a common answer for what non-Honda battery, but there have been a lot of suggestions and many are related to running a second one. Are there a couple go-to high CCA batteries at NAPA, Oreilys, etc? Also having trouble getting back in to turf mode so seems I need to use the fine info I’ve found on here to make adjustments to the cables. Appreciate all the help already and it’s just my first day. Thanks.

Screenshot 2024 06 06 at 65440PM

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
First-time SxS owner, but had a 1983 ATC 200, ‘87 250X and later a TRX450R, so not a rookie. Mostly ridden Rangers. Anyway, just bought a 2017 w/ 2,200 mi. Already having minor issues, but this place has been helpful. The EPS light flickers some, but the battery is weak and I’ve read here that EPS and trans are voltage-sensitive. I’ve been trying to find a common answer for what non-Honda battery, but there have been a lot of suggestions and many are related to running a second one. Are there a couple go-to high CCA batteries at NAPA, Oreilys, etc? Also having trouble getting back in to turf mode so seems I need to use the fine info I’ve found on here to make adjustments to the cables. Appreciate all the help already and it’s just my first day. Thanks.

View attachment 432081
Welcome to the club from South Florida

Nice buggy 👍

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome PioneeringMO from Texas

I went the the Odyssey 925, first. But, after failure a week and three weeks after warranty and no customer support, I switched to XS Power PSX14 for $119 and free FedEx shipping from Summit Racing.

The high end audio installers use the XS Power batteries due to quality, reliability and customer support from the company after the sale.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama, nice looking rig.
I'm not familiar with the 1000 series, but I'm sure many here will shed some light.
BTW my 2017 P-500 is on its third battery, this time I put in a Moose Industries GYZ-16H AGM that I purchased in late December 2022. and my second battery of the dual system is an Odessy 925 that I installed in 2019.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 432081
These things are very touchy when it comes to voltage so yeah, the light will come on/off with low voltage. I've had good service from the Mighty Max brand, just replaced my main and second accessories batteries with mighty max.

This is the size for the main 👇

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Remington

Remington

PFife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First-time SxS owner, but had a 1983 ATC 200, ‘87 250X and later a TRX450R, so not a rookie. Mostly ridden FIRE TRAP POO POO’s. Anyway, just bought a 2017 w/ 2,200 mi. Already having minor issues, but this place has been helpful. The EPS light flickers some, but the battery is weak and I’ve read here that EPS and trans are voltage-sensitive. I’ve been trying to find a common answer for what non-Honda battery, but there have been a lot of suggestions and many are related to running a second one. Are there a couple go-to high CCA batteries at NAPA, Oreilys, etc? Also having trouble getting back in to turf mode so seems I need to use the fine info I’ve found on here to make adjustments to the cables. Appreciate all the help already and it’s just my first day. Thanks.

View attachment 432081
Fixed it for ya!
Welcome from Michigan
Nice buggy
Make sure your recalls are up to date being a 17’ especially the clutch “Campaign” NOT A RECALL and its expired, update.

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These things are very touchy when it comes to voltage so yeah, the light will come on/off with low voltage. I've had good service from the Mighty Max brand, just replaced my main and second accessories batteries with mighty max.

This is the size for the main 👇

Thanks for info, but wondering if something didn’t attach. I don’t follow “ this is the side for the main.”

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from Michigan.

That second battery won't solve your ills if the first is bad, so be sure to replace it even if adding a second. That second, when installed along with an isolator, is really only needed if you run a bunch of accessories and/or if you run your winch a bunch. It isolates all that to the auxiliary battery and preserves your primary battery for starts and for the 'finicky with low voltage' OE equipment (DCT, steering, etc.).

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Greetings from SE Missouri. You came to the right place to get advice on how to square away any issues. Nice Looking 1000!!!!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to go Napa, I have the ETX14 AGM battery in mine for 4 years now, still doing good.

When you do that adjustment for the rear diff, get both tires up off the ground and dial it in until it engages / disengages in about 1/2 turn of the tire.

advertisement