P1000 New Honda P1000 Tire cracking and breaking

A

anovastat

Jun 25, 2020
Overgaard,AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had an issue with the Honda SXS OEM tires tread bumps flaking and cracking apart? They are Black ST tires. I bought it a few months ago and it's only got 900 miles on them but they will be needing replacement soon. Mostly forest service road dirt riding and I'm familiar with the use of 4x4 and diff locks so it's primarily driven gently in turf mode. Happening on all 4 tires.

I'm going to talk to the dealer next week and make a warranty claim but wanted some thoughts from the thread experts on this forum.
SXStire2
SXSTire

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had an issue with the Honda SXS OEM tires tread bumps flaking and cracking apart? They are Black ST tires. I bought it a few months ago and it's only got 900 miles on them but they will be needing replacement soon. Mostly forest service road dirt riding and I'm familiar with the use of 4x4 and diff locks so it's primarily driven gently in turf mode. Happening on all 4 tires.

I'm going to talk to the dealer next week and make a warranty claim but wanted some thoughts from the thread experts on this forum. View attachment 223527View attachment 223528
I honestly don't see anything unusual. Can you circle the areas you are talking about?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'm going to talk to the dealer next week and make a warranty claim but wanted some thoughts from the thread experts on this forum. View attachment 223527View attachment 223528
What PSI are you running in the tires?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm surprised you got that long out of them. Mine were toast in 500. I think the tires suck they're cheap and my pk1 was way out of alignment. My tires looked exactly like that. There are threads with many ways to get the alignment. At this point I use the over mold seam in the center of my tire and just point the front of the tires in 1/8" with a tape measure. I'm creeping up towards 4k miles on three different sets of tires with no issues since. Good luck with the tire search. its a joke in our household that I want different tires lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm surprised you got that long out of them. Mine were toast in 500. I think the tires suck they're cheap and my pk1 was way out of alignment. My tires looked exactly like that. There are threads with many ways to get the alignment. At this point I use the over mild seam in the center of my tire and just point the front of the tires in 1/8" with a tape measure. I'm creeping up towards 4k miles on three different sets of tires with no issues since. Good luck with the tire search its a joke in our household that I want different tires lol
Yep! Im on my 4th set with 3,000 on the ODO. But not exactly a wear out issue, first 2 sets I busted the front tires.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and TripleB
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep! Im on my 4th set with 3,000 on the ODO. But not exactly a wear out issue, first 2 sets I busted the front tires.
After the stock blackstone's I went with can am take offs while deciding on what beadlocks and tires I landed on super swamper tsl's on tusk nebo wheels. I wanted something for the nasty mud and bought sti outback Max's. A few weeks later I bought a set of regulators on meathod beadlocks from a forum member the worst part is I like them all and still have all but the can am take offs. The right tire for the conditions can make or break a trip.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm surprised you got that long out of them. Mine were toast in 500. I think the tires suck they're cheap and my pk1 was way out of alignment. My tires looked exactly like that. There are threads with many ways to get the alignment. At this point I use the over mold seam in the center of my tire and just point the front of the tires in 1/8" with a tape measure. I'm creeping up towards 4k miles on three different sets of tires with no issues since. Good luck with the tire search. its a joke in our household that I want different tires lol

^^^^This!^^^^

You have an alignment problem. Nothing wrong with the tires themselves.

Very common, and Dealer likely won’t do anything for you.

There are many threads on this and how to adjust.

Definitely need to correct it before your next set of tires.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. My front tires did the exact same thing. Funny but just on one side. The other side is fine. I played with the alignment but am not sure I got it completely fixed. Got 2k on them and need to replace front tire before heading into woods for hunting season.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't waste your time with warranty claim honda will not warranty any tire. The thing i noticed the most, high speed on pavement will peel these tires off no matter what the brand.

Reactions: wrhii and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!