B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered my bar today!

For those that have installed harnesses - I'm guessing that the mounting points for the lap belts are going to be closer than in a car and that the straps may be really long? Did you all have 'extra' strap to deal with? Is there a good way to deal with it? I guess same for the shoulder locations. Are you cutting it, or just rolling it up and strapping it to the bar?

What are you all using for mounting points? Eye bolts? Stock threaded hole? Can you put eye bolts in at the mounting locations? Thread spec?

Has anyone put 3 across the front? Any concerns with doing that?

When you are strapped in as the driver, can you reach the controls? I'm about 5'9" and concerned I won't be able to reach the shifter. I know not to move it while I'm in motion, but don't want to have to loosen the straps and tighten them every time I want to reach a control. (My machine is hours away. I'm trying to build my pile of parts to occupy my time over the 4th - trying to give myself some work!)

I'm looking at cam lock harnesses. I rarely get really muddy, and really prefer this type (use to it from cars, and prefer it to the latch style). I'm going to start (I think) with 4 point and see how they feel. I can always add a sub belt if the lab belts ride up.

I've seen the 4 point retractable conversions. Those are slick. I've gone round and round with myself on that, but think I want to stick with a traditional style harness.

Any other thoughts or things to consider that might help steer my decision one way or another?

Thanks!!

Reactions: TripleB
M

murphdog

Feb 8, 2020
Butlerville, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been trying to find the harness bar for my p1000. Can someone please tell where and from who to order it from?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Start a convo with @Moses or google brickcityfab

Reactions: murphdog
Hondarob123

Hondarob123

Sep 3, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered my bar today!

For those that have installed harnesses - I'm guessing that the mounting points for the lap belts are going to be closer than in a car and that the straps may be really long? Did you all have 'extra' strap to deal with? Is there a good way to deal with it? I guess same for the shoulder locations. Are you cutting it, or just rolling it up and strapping it to the bar?

What are you all using for mounting points? Eye bolts? Stock threaded hole? Can you put eye bolts in at the mounting locations? Thread spec?

Has anyone put 3 across the front? Any concerns with doing that?

When you are strapped in as the driver, can you reach the controls? I'm about 5'9" and concerned I won't be able to reach the shifter. I know not to move it while I'm in motion, but don't want to have to loosen the straps and tighten them every time I want to reach a control. (My machine is hours away. I'm trying to build my pile of parts to occupy my time over the 4th - trying to give myself some work!)

I'm looking at cam lock harnesses. I rarely get really muddy, and really prefer this type (use to it from cars, and prefer it to the latch style). I'm going to start (I think) with 4 point and see how they feel. I can always add a sub belt if the lab belts ride up.

I've seen the 4 point retractable conversions. Those are slick. I've gone round and round with myself on that, but think I want to stick with a traditional style harness.

Any other thoughts or things to consider that might help steer my decision one way or another?

Thanks!!

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks to me like he's no longer active on this site and has stopped building these bars. I'd like to have some sort of passenger grab bar but it seems like they aren't going to come from Moses. Does anyone out there know of anyone making such a thing?

Reactions: Isaiah and DJP1911
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks to me like he's no longer active on this site and has stopped building these bars. I'd like to have some sort of passenger grab bar but it seems like they aren't going to come from Moses. Does anyone out there know of anyone making such a thing?

Send him an email. They usually batch build the harness bars and he pulls them off the internet when they are out of stock

Reactions: Isaiah
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Moses does not build a passenger grab bar. He does still build the one piece shoulder harness bars. You'd be better off going online to brick city fab and contact named that way.
There is someone on Facebook that's building passenger grab bars.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, but I don't do facebook. Hopefully he'll find this place and I'll get one then, unless someone else comes up with one between now and then.

Reactions: Isaiah
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, but I don't do facebook. Hopefully he'll find this place and I'll get one then, unless someone else comes up with one between now and then.

Mark Ekey builds a great grab bar. I installed it 3 weeks ago and my wife loves it. You can email him here.... markekey at yahoo.com and he charges $200 shipped :)

20200307 151515

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will contact him through FB and suggest he join the forum. @Dezrik may a little suggestion from you also?

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!