New member - Alaska

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Looks and sounds like a really nice ride. I'm sure it will be a big help living there in the wild,wild west.

What kind of riding and trails are up there for the summer time? My wife and I are up for taking some longer trips. That would no doubt be a long trip!

Rob

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Howdy from Alaska… Wasilla, Alaska to be exact. It is a rather large state!
I picked up a nice 2016 1000-5 Deluxe recently with 1,700 miles on it. It came with quite a few nice mods and a plow. I have 7 kiddos :cool: and needed something that could handle the majority of them! I like the versatility of these machines.

What it came with:

• Dual batteries with isolation module
  • front and rear super atv arched a-arms and heavy duty ball joints
  • Walker Evans racing coilovers front and rear, piggy back up front , remote res in the rear
  • Honda full cab enclosure
  • Honda heater
  • Switch Plate Harness P/N 0Sa30-Hl4-100
  • 14x7 kmc gernade single bead-lock wheels 5+2 offsets with
  • 30x10x14 blackwater evolution tires
  • 6 foot warn plow with modifications to work with lifted machine
  • 4500 lbs warn winch with new synthetic line
  • LED reverse light wired to come on in reverse
  • DEI cooling fan with auto thermostat under the seat
  • Custom rear mud flaps, front honda flares
  • Extended tailgate wires

I’ve also been shopping at the Club Store and added the Hillbilly Break, factory winch rocker addon. Also made my own pre-filter upgrade from ideas gathered from the forum.
Loving this thing so far. Looking forward to years of fun.

View attachment 362657 View attachment 362658 View attachment 362659 View attachment 362660 View attachment 362661
Welcome from the warmer parts of the States most of the time! HA!

Willeod

Willeod

Oct 20, 2022
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks and sounds like a really nice ride. I'm sure it will be a big help living there in the wild,wild west.

What kind of riding and trails are up there for the summer time? My wife and I are up for taking some longer trips. That would no doubt be a long trip!

Rob
Thanks man.

There are all kinds of trails around here. Some you can find on google… others by word of mouth. I can leave right from my house and hit small trails around my neighborhood or ride a couple miles to the nearest trailhead. Definitely would be a long trip, but I don’t think you would regret it.

advertisement
T

tnoutdoors

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another welcome from the Volunteer state.

Alaska=bucket list trip for me. Until then I'm recording and watching all of the Living, Building, Kilcher family, Life Below Zero and any other hunting and fishing destination show in the last frontier. Incredible state with an abundance of living and recreational options!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks man.

There are all kinds of trails around here. Some you can find on google… others by word of mouth. I can leave right from my house and hit small trails around my neighborhood or ride a couple miles to the nearest trailhead. Definitely would be a long trip, but I don’t think you would regret it.
I appreciate the response and info.

The reason I ask is because I turn 60 in about 4 years and I am looking for something my wife and I can do that would be an adventure of a life time.

We have been to Europe, all over the Caribbean and Bahamas. Been to Mexico and of course all over the lower 48. I was born in California and have lived in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Illinois and Nebraska.

I would love to plan a full month of riding from the coast of the Northern Pacific or Bering Sea into the interior of Alaska, camping every other night and staying at lodges or motels and then back out. I know 30 days is going to only scratch the surface, but until we both truly retire, this would be the most we can get away.

At this point, this is only a dream... but if I decide to retire again soon, I could ready our equipment and plan our route. I would ship the P520 and camp trailer to Alaska and then ship it back.

Willeod

Willeod

Oct 20, 2022
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate the response and info.

The reason I ask is because I turn 60 in about 4 years and I am looking for something my wife and I can do that would be an adventure of a life time.

We have been to Europe, all over the Caribbean and Bahamas. Been to Mexico and of course all over the lower 48. I was born in California and have lived in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Illinois and Nebraska.

I would love to plan a full month of riding from the coast of the Northern Pacific or Bering Sea into the interior of Alaska, camping every other night and staying at lodges or motels and then back out. I know 30 days is going to only scratch the surface, but until we both truly retire, this would be the most we can get away.

At this point, this is only a dream... but if I decide to retire again soon, I could ready our equipment and plan our route. I would ship the P520 and camp trailer to Alaska and then ship it back.
This sounds like a great plan. I think you would have a blast and see some amazing country side.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!