New Member but Not an Owner Yet

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, good afternoon. I'm not an owner yet but I'm just waiting on an 1000-5 to come in stock.

Grew up on Honda ATVs; 110 (would ride my Dad's when i was 12), Big Red, 1998 Foreman S and a 2002 Rubicon. Though I got the urge for more power and comfort and moved to a Kawi Brute Force 750 in 2005.

I had that bike originally for riding on the farm and trail riding in Forest Hill, Louisiana. Those were fun times. But then I started mud riding more and so I relocated the radiator, got it snorkeled and put Mega Mayhems on it.

But the relocated radiator takes all of my front rack space and even with Elkas, it is not as smooth as it used to be with those stiff MMs. So it's a great bike for mud riding and has never given me any issues. And now that I've changed priorities again, hunting in the hills of Mississippi is more important. I'd rather be able to just store my stuff in the bed and be able to easily haul people around.

Not to mention how comfortable and fun it's been driving around in some other Pioneers up there. ;)

-Bret
Welcome from Washington

Reactions: cbsander
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey boo, come see...Bite the Tails and suck the Heads. Mr Mudbugs I presume...? There better be some crawfish boudin left when I come down there. Or Dey be hell to pay!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Welcome from Kinder, LA.
I sure miss those old 3-wheelers sometimes. ATC250R and 350X were too big for my age back then but the 200X was a blast!! I learned how to clutch on that 200X and it was a smooth riding machine. Machines were so simple back then!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Not too long ago I was telling the wife how when we first met and after we were married, we'd load the 300EX and 400EX, a small cooler in the six pack rack, a few ganola bars and go trail riding all day. Then with the RZRs we carried an ice chest and a picnic! And with more SXS experience we started bringing parts and tools with us because the stupid things broke all the time as far from the truck as we could be. I always take a Polaris fuel pump with me when I travel, for the two aces I have and for anyone else that needs one because that failure has ruined more trips for me than anything else. I've never broken a belt but have had numerous fuel pump failures. I HOPE the Talon never does that!!

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
cbsander

cbsander

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well, I got tired of waiting on my LE and decided to go with a camo. I was already at the in MS turkey hunting this weekend, so I drove to Natchez from our camp outside Woodville between hunts to pick it up.

Got to test it out on all kinds of terrain and had a blast. Let the mods begin! :cool:

One pisser though...my wife was putting on her belt and pulled out the seatbelt anchor from ROPS bar above her head. I thought they just had the bolt loose and it had come out. But after getting it home, looks like someone hit it with a torque wrench while the bolt was cross-threaded. I'm guessing that means they'll have to remove that part of the ROPS and replace it. :mad:

At home:
IMG 2533

At the camp:
IMG 2532

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!