P1000m5 New member from Lake County, Ohio

Jaybee1013

Jaybee1013

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just joined and I have not yet received our 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 LE that I am next on the list for. My son in law has a 700-4 so I have a little experience with SxS. We opted for the 1000-5 because a neighbor has one and felt the extra money for the LE was worth it. We were owners of a rancher 400 since 2006, and had NO problems at all so felt staying with Honda was a no brainer. Even though we don’t have the machine yet, we already have accessories here waiting for it’s arrival. We are planning on the dealer installing the ABS roof and flip up windshield. We intend to do the two battery, and winch ourselves.
Does anyone have any pros or cons with the synthetic cable winches? I feel that they might be inferior to SS cable?

Last edited:
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the Honda dimension. You meet the nicest people on a Honda

I've been running synthetic
winch line on ATV and truck winches since 2003.

No rusting, no kinks, no pinches. No broken pieces to stab you. It floats. If broken, it want snap back and injure you.

Every so often, clean it in a bucket and allow to dry. Leaving it muddy will shorten it's lifespan. UV light can shorten it's life. Doesn't like to be dragged across rocks, protective sleeve helps, nor across steel trailer floors or ramps.

To me, for my needs, benefits outweigh the cons.

Broken synthetic winch rope.. Splicing vs trying in a knot

Get other's opinions

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just joined and I have not yet received our 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 LE that I am next on the list for. My son in law has a 700-4 so I have a little experience with SxS. We opted for the 1000-5 because a neighbor has one and felt the extra money for the LE was worth it. We were owners of a rancher 400 since 2006, and had NO problems at all so felt staying with Honda was a no brainer. Even though we don’t have the machine yet, we already have accessories here waiting for it’s arrival. We are planning on the dealer installing the ABS roof and flip up windshield. We intend to do the two batter, and winch ourselves.
Does anyone have any pros or cons with the synthetic cable winches? I feel that they might be inferior to SS cable?
I've always liked using synthetic rope vs. cable. Floats, lighter, won't kink, and safer when it snaps. My 2 cents

Good luck!

And.........pics or it didn't happen!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome from the 906

I'll second...or third what's been said about the synthetic winch rope, the safety factor alone is reason enough for me. I've seen firsthand the damage that can be done when a steel rope breaks, lucky no one was hurt.

Jaybee1013

Jaybee1013

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the 906

I'll second...or third what's been said about the synthetic winch rope, the safety factor alone is reason enough for me. I've seen firsthand the damage that can be done when a steel rope breaks, lucky no one was hurt.
So true!

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was born in Madison but that’d be Wisconsin and nor t’would it be James Madison because he t’were a man. Had he been given unto birthing nouns, I believe I’d just be a turd and maybe even a petrified one by now. Coprolites- Fossilized poop. Funny story about how that name came to be but I ain’t telling ye just yet....

Jaybee1013

Jaybee1013

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was born in Madison but that’d be Wisconsin and nor t’would it be James Madison because he t’were a man. Had he been given unto birthing nouns, I believe I’d just be a turd and maybe even a petrified one by now. Coprolites- Fossilized poop. Funny story about how that name came to be but I ain’t telling ye just yet....
Haha!

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just joined and I have not yet received our 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 LE that I am next on the list for. My son in law has a 700-4 so I have a little experience with SxS. We opted for the 1000-5 because a neighbor has one and felt the extra money for the LE was worth it. We were owners of a rancher 400 since 2006, and had NO problems at all so felt staying with Honda was a no brainer. Even though we don’t have the machine yet, we already have accessories here waiting for it’s arrival. We are planning on the dealer installing the ABS roof and flip up windshield. We intend to do the two battery, and winch ourselves.
welcome to the club , from summit county Ohio. lots of great people and helpful info. no doubt imho go synthetic much safer it's lighter and if I recall it is higher breaking strength than steel cable (dyneema synthetic ). but you have to swap out roller fairlead for hawse.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!