New Member & new P1000-5 LE

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just joined the Honda club yesterday, Wanted to say hey and appreciate the website dedicated to Honda's growing SXS community.

The Wife and I per-purchased our 1000-5 LE from Chandler AZ Ride Now. What a fiasco that was, another day for that story. We have driven it in the AZ desert now for (5) weeks and have put on 493 miles so yes, we are enjoying it. Had a Can-Am commander prior w/ $12,000 in extras to include Todds Custom Billet A-arm suspension and Elka shocks, trailblock clutch, Mongeral tires etc. What a ride but I am getting older and now and its time to chill and cruise.

Two major reasons purchasing the P1000-5, Honda itself and love the 6-speed Automatic Trany (no more clutch and belt issues 1950 technology). Well maybe three reasons, the two grandkids hence the five seater. We are rockhounds and adventurous and love the outdoors and AZ where you can ride forever.

We are/were Snowbirds as we have a house in Gold Canyon, AZ and house in Anchorage, AK. We are back in AK to sell our house here and move to AZ at the end of summer.

Looking forward to call AZ home and will stay in touch w/ the Honda SXS community to get the latest news and issues raised w/ our Machine. I do my own service and maintenance and look forward to any hints and tricks for our new toy.

Jimmy

Reactions: GlockMeister
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just joined the Honda club yesterday, Wanted to say hey and appreciate the website dedicated to Honda's growing SXS community.

The Wife and I per-purchased our 1000-5 LE from Chandler AZ Ride Now. What a fiasco that was, another day for that story. We have driven it in the AZ desert now for (5) weeks and have put on 493 miles so yes, we are enjoying it. Had a Can-Am commander prior w/ $12,000 in extras to include Todds Custom Billet A-arm suspension and Elka shocks, trailblock clutch, Mongeral tires etc. What a ride but I am getting older and now and its time to chill and cruise.

Two major reasons purchasing the P1000-5, Honda itself and love the 6-speed Automatic Trany (no more clutch and belt issues 1950 technology). Well maybe three reasons, the two grandkids hence the five seater. We are rockhounds and adventurous and love the outdoors and AZ where you can ride forever.

We are/were Snowbirds as we have a house in Gold Canyon, AZ and house in Anchorage, AK. We are back in AK to sell our house here and move to AZ at the end of summer.

Looking forward to call AZ home and will stay in touch w/ the Honda SXS community to get the latest news and issues raised w/ our Machine. I do my own service and maintenance and look forward to any hints and tricks for our new toy.

Jimmy
Congrats and Welcome. Don't listen to anyone here but me! Just kidding, there are some very smart and talented.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Jimmy

Congrats from NW Ark. I love mine and came from a Polaris rzr4. Hey if you see @AKRider up there tell him we have been looking for him. (Member that went missing a few months ago) enjoy and safe travels back to the lower 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Welcome from one LE to another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all, I did some riding out of Florence AZ also (box canyon) not to far from Gold Canyon. I do not know @AKRider but I will keep an eye out.

Jimmy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!