P1000m5 New Member - Quick Wiring Question

Bulldawg Bill

Bulldawg Bill

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2024
Wilder, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, Bulldawg Bill from Wilder, TN here, just bought a 2024 Pioneer 1000-5 and am looking forward to joining the community and hopefully doing some group rides once I get a trailer big enough to haul it.

I'm in the process of making it street legal. I bought a street legal kit from the dealer who was going to install it, so I didn't get to choose the kit, but due to various delays I decided to install it myself. Had I selected it I would have searched for one that uses the stock tail/brake lights, but the kit they bought has separate, tiny little turn signals for both front and rear. I don't see much choice for the front, but for the rear, is there a problem tapping into the wiring to the existing tail/brake lights? If I do that, is some kind of switch needed to keep the blinker flashing when I press the brake, or any other caveats?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Welcome from Fl! Any chance you could return the dealer kit and go a different route? I used the Turnpro kit that was mostly plug and play in line with factory harness connectors.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
just bought a 2024 Pioneer 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan!
We have an unwritten Rule when u join and its #4 called Pics if your rig. POIDH or Pics Or It Didnt happen! Not for me but for the silent Lurkers/ people !😉

My turnpro kit was like yours. Yes its ok to tap into those tail light wires. Mine have been that way 5 yrs.

Bulldawg Bill

Bulldawg Bill

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2024
Wilder, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan!
We have an unwritten Rule when u join and its #4 called Pics if your rig. POIDH or Pics Or It Didnt happen! Not for me but for the silent Lurkers/ people !😉

My turnpro kit was like yours. Yes its ok to tap into those tail light wires. Mine have been that way 5 yrs.
Thanks for the confirmation! I will post more pictures of my SxS when I'm done customizing it, but here are a few with the modifications so far (and yes I live in TN now, but I'm a Dawgs fan and the red and black machine just begged for some UGA swag! - Congrats to another recent National Champion, too, and keep trouncing Ohio State!). In addition to the turn signal/horn kit I also still need to install the rear bumper, some rear facing LED lights, the dual battery kit, seat belt bypass, a dome light, and something else to use up the wonderful connected to nothing switches that came pre-installed in my Deluxe edition.

20240722 162358 20240722 162249 20240722 162616

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Welcome Sir !

The aftermarket signal kit would have to be compatible with LED lights.

Then a wire harness kit to hook up to your factory switches is available from the club store. Yep located right here.

That would be the fastest, least expensive way, to make those 3 factory switches operable.

Last edited:
Bulldawg Bill

Bulldawg Bill

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2024
Wilder, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome Sir !

The aftermarket signal kit would have to be compatible with LED lights.

Then a wire harness kit to hook up to your factory switches is available from the club store. Yep located right here.

That would be the fastest, least expensive way, to make those 3 factory switches operable.
Thanks, I bought that wiring harness before they closed the store, that's how I discovered the forum here. Unfortunately they closed it so I couldn't buy the battery isolator from here, had to go to Amazon.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I bought that wiring harness before they closed the store, that's how I discovered the forum here. Unfortunately they closed it so I couldn't buy the battery isolator from here, had to go to Amazon.
Welcome to the club. Nice buggy. Highly recommend the club store for all of your accessories as they seem to be the best fit and most popular for your Pioneer. Club store tab up top on this page. Good luck.

advertisement
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, Bulldawg Bill from Wilder, TN here, just bought a 2024 Pioneer 1000-5 and am looking forward to joining the community and hopefully doing some group rides once I get a trailer big enough to haul it.

I'm in the process of making it street legal. I bought a street legal kit from the dealer who was going to install it, so I didn't get to choose the kit, but due to various delays I decided to install it myself. Had I selected it I would have searched for one that uses the stock tail/brake lights, but the kit they bought has separate, tiny little turn signals for both front and rear. I don't see much choice for the front, but for the rear, is there a problem tapping into the wiring to the existing tail/brake lights? If I do that, is some kind of switch needed to keep the blinker flashing when I press the brake, or any other caveats?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Welcome to the club from southern MO!

S

Scotty D

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2024
York, Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good afternoon members, I’m newbie from Pa. Lots of motorcycle experience (2021 Africa Twin ES/2019 GoldWing) and now my Talon 1000 X. Just picked it up yesterday and can’t wait to ride. My first accessories will be Windshield front and rear and some mirrors. I’m looking at UTV website. I attached pic of front windshield and my Talon x.. can’t wait to ride…Looking for opinions and advice ..

IMG 3855 IMG 4560

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Good afternoon members, I’m newbie from Pa. Lots of motorcycle experience (2021 Africa Twin ES/2019 GoldWing) and now my Talon 1000 X. Just picked it up yesterday and can’t wait to ride. My first accessories will be Windshield front and rear and some mirrors. I’m looking at UTV website. I attached pic of front windshield and my Talon x.. can’t wait to ride…Looking for opinions and advice ..

View attachment 439079 View attachment 439080
Welcome from Tennessee

advertisement