New member with clutch issues

B

Blazinbig

Nov 24, 2020
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New member here pulling my hair out replaced clutch and it won’t relearn and when I try to put it in gear to see if it will move it stalls like the clutches are fully engaged

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome to the asylum from the 906!

Do you have the procedure for the relearn? Are you getting any DCT trouble codes?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is from the Talon manual but should be the same procedure

H

HondaTech

You either have a cut split ring or the outer clutch guide isn't bottomed out in the fibers.

The stalling in gear makes me think its the later.

When installing the outer clutch guide (the gear in the center of the clutch) i install the guide first, then the clutch fibers/steels. This way the guide is guaranteed to be installed far enough in. If you measure the distance between the guide and the end of for mainshaft there would be atleast 23mm.

I've attached a picture of what I'm discussing.

20201124 233620

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!