Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from da U.P. of Michigan, what sort of rig you looking at?
Thanks for your note. I am looking at Pioneer-2 1000 but I hear about problems with heat. I also was looking at Talon-2 X but keep hearing about problems with dif case leakage.

Any suggestions are welcome. I find experience is the best teacher.

Ken

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for your note. I am looking at Pioneer-2 1000 but I hear about problems with heat. I also was looking at Talon-2 X but keep hearing about problems with dif case leakage.

Any suggestions are welcome. I find experience is the best teacher.

Ken
All SxSs are hot in the summer but there's ways to mitigate that. There have been a few Talons that had diff seals damaged during assembly but I think it's rare. You only hear about the guys who have the issue....its the nature of the internet :cool:

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Great information. Thanks 906UP for the insights. Any suggestions on where to look at mitigating the "hot seats" in the Pioneer?

Thanks again

Ken
I would look in the model specific forum for whatever you're looking at, for example on my P5 I added a "Trigger Shield" under the seat which helped a lot, just poke around the forums and don't be afraid to ask questions.

BTW..... the Talons don't seem to have the heat issues of some of the other models and the blue ones are faster ;)

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Great information. Thanks 906UP for the insights. Any suggestions on where to look at mitigating the "hot seats" in the Pioneer?

Thanks again

Ken

First, welcome from the swamps of North Florida. Next, I used some cheap Walmart automotive sun shades to seal off under and behind my seat (1000-3) and it works well. I also disassembled my dash and placed an inverted shifter boot on the shift lever and that stopped the heat intrusion through the shifter opening.

T

Tim-o

Mar 26, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from west Georgia
Hi there,
I’m a fairly new member, currently living in central Florida, but moving up to west Georgia when I retire sometime later this year. I purchased a used 2018 Pioneer 700-4 earlier this year - really looking forward to using it for work and play after moving to GA.
Stay well!
Tim-o 5818ECA1 6084 4F4F A3A5 64EDF50E618D

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi there,
I’m a fairly new member, currently living in central Florida, but moving up to west Georgia when I retire sometime later this year. I purchased a used 2018 Pioneer 700-4 earlier this year - really looking forward to using it for work and play after moving to GA.
Stay well!
Tim-oView attachment 196334
You will be fairly close to some good riding. What part are you thinking of moving to ?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!