P500 New owner, fender question

T

TwoTonNewt

Mar 8, 2024
Northwest Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
That aint stock!
Nice buggy tho. I bet them thin tires with those stock shocks got you going to the dentist to get your fillings re aligned after a ride šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m from Arkansasā€¦.we ainā€™t got no teeth to put fillings inā€¦šŸ˜

Just riding around here so far feels fine, just the steering is harder. Only reason I put those on was because they were here and available. I deffinetly would not have chosen to buy them. Once the rubbe wears, or I canā€™t take it, Iā€™ll be putting 27ā€ on the rims.

Iā€™m probably the best type of buyer for these machines. Never owning a SxS and only riding in a few, I have no preconceived ideas of what a really comfortable one feels like. It honestly feels just fine, but again, only a good trail ride will tell the truth of it.

T

TwoTonNewt

Mar 8, 2024
Northwest Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I take it you were bottoming out? I know you said that you mainly putt around but be careful adding too much preload to the rear, at higher speed it can turn into a pogo stick.
Nomo
Thank you for the heads up. It will be nice to know what is happening should it happen to me. When I ride the dirt roads Iā€™d say 25mph max?

I had it up off the ground taking the sway bar off, so I decided it would be a good time to see how I liked them stiffer. On my ATV I had them cranked all the way. Iā€™ll be using the bed(once it gets here) to haul a lot of heavy stuff. Firewood, gravel, deer, etc.

Buckaroo41

Buckaroo41

Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2022
South of Heaven West of Hell
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome from Chinada,
We have the same driving style, I prefer the casual scenery gazing speed as well. I installed 26ā€Goodyear radials on factory Honda Rincon rims, so besides the extra height I get an extra 1/2ā€ of offset on each side. Not too much of an issue with side spray. I had them inflated to 10 psi to start out, dropped them down to 8 psi and made a major ride difference. Elka stage 1s all around are next on the list.
32AA5FD0 5087 4C0D 8007 94AA593BD035

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Iā€™m from Arkansasā€¦.we ainā€™t got no teeth to put fillings inā€¦šŸ˜

Just riding around here so far feels fine, just the steering is harder. Only reason I put those on was because they were here and available. I deffinetly would not have chosen to buy them. Once the rubbe wears, or I canā€™t take it, Iā€™ll be putting 27ā€ on the rims.

Iā€™m probably the best type of buyer for these machines. Never owning a SxS and only riding in a few, I have no preconceived ideas of what a really comfortable one feels like. It honestly feels just fine, but again, only a good trail ride will tell the truth of it.
Im taking u dont have power sterring installed?

T

TwoTonNewt

Mar 8, 2024
Northwest Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Im taking u dont have power sterring installed?
Not yet, but itā€™s on the way. Fingers crossed, after next weekend Iā€™ll have it 90% to where I want it.

I thought about the tire situation some more today. Honestly, what I have on should be just a tad better than stock. They have the same rubber to rim ratio, but wider.

I want to so bad go out running some trails, but Iā€™m being patient because right now itā€™s so clean and installing everything will be nice not having to deal with dirt and such. I have a trip planned in a few weeks, Iā€™ll definitely report back after.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not yet, but itā€™s on the way. Fingers crossed, after next weekend Iā€™ll have it 90% to where I want it.

I thought about the tire situation some more today. Honestly, what I have on should be just a tad better than stock. They have the same rubber to rim ratio, but wider.

I want to so bad go out running some trails, but Iā€™m being patient because right now itā€™s so clean and installing everything will be nice not having to deal with dirt and such. I have a trip planned in a few weeks, Iā€™ll definitely report back after.
Yeah that PS will make the world of difference. Did with my old P5.
As for your tires and wheels, once you get the rig where u want it and try some trails, take those bad boys off and put the stockers on and run no more than 10psi in then or even less then come back and tell us how much u like that larger rim and thinner tire. I bet you will be surprised. But in the end you need to be happy.

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!