P700 New owner, homemade winch mount

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Brought it home last weekend, already drilled some holes in it! Wife was a little nervous....

Already had a Badland/harbor freight 3500lb winch kicking around so figured I would put it to use. I've had phenomenal performance out of their smallest version (2500? Lb) for a log hoist in the pickup truck, so I stuck with them. Price is right anyway.

Used some 1/8 plate and 2x3/16 angle. Braced across the mounting holes with some misc. angle kicking around. Crappy welds across the front, bad wire on the mig. Dragged it with a loaded trailer in tow up a 10-15% incline no worries.

Next are some a-arm guides, and an honest skid plate to replace the plastic up front. Out comes the plasma....I'm too cheap to pay hundreds for simple brackets/gaurds!

Full

Full

Reactions: Glock21user
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I hear you, I made my own winch mount brackets and A arm guards also. And bumpers, box, bed, signal lights, etc. Half the fun, for me, is making my own "stuff" for it.

Reactions: Glock21user
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
same here

made truck receiver mounts for all my winches atvs and utvs. they end up being to low anyway for the mud

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!