P1000m5 New P1K-5 From NE IOWA

J

JSHEB

Jun 23, 2020
NE Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the Super Atv Flip up front and rear windshields installed as well as there top! Very happy with all three! Also the EMP winch mount is perfect! It is top spool and I did lower the fairlead a bit but very happy with how that turned out as well.

I did pack a couple tow ropes, extra winch line, clevises, and snatch block for the unforseen. This all fit perfect in the under seat storage.

I think the next expense is the KFI front hitch, snorkel, skid plates/a arm guards, and tires!

🤑🤑I dont know if its going to end.

IMG 1287 IMG 1288 IMG 1291 IMG 1292 IMG 1293

Reactions: Mudwing
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey All, Wanted to introduce myself (Jordan from NE Iowa) and say Thank you!!!

About a month ago I purchased a 2020 1000-5 and this site has been nothing but help. And let me tell you I am definitely hooked.

Upon getting the unit home I put the initial hours/miles on and did the break in and then some. Replaced the trans and sub trans oil along with the front and rear diff and went with the recommended 75-140 Royal purple. At the same time I extended the vent lines to the top of the roll cage. Thanks Jackal and these forums for this info! Good thing because the next time I went out after that I sunk in a creek to just above seat level. The picture below was before I realized the unit was sinking as the current was washing the sand out from underneath it!🤯SH!T! Well I was riding with another four wheeler and we broke the gearing in his winch but he was able to tug me backwards to get where i wasn't sinking and wait for a pickup. Pickup got me out with 100'+ foot of rope and only minor hiccups. This got the inital scratches out of the way. Checked all fluids when I got back home and no water thank god to the vent lines and this forum.
IMG-1183.jpg ...tarp was to keep the sun off my 1 year old until the roof was in . Worked great!

After that i got the black ops 6k lb winch on order from super atv with there mount and getting a recovery bag together. Found out the mount sucks and the winch cable angle to the fairlead was bad. Came back to this forum and found a new winch mount that should be here tomorrow. EMP i believe to get rid of this. i have loved super atv as well and went with there flip up windshield, tinted roof, and flip up rear windshield for dust as well. Front is on the top and rear should be here friday with the emp mount.

I have added the few cargo options along the way and have a ever continuing list of needs/wants.
Rims/Tires - Rims scratch very easy and i have all sorts of little rocks stuck in the bead after the creek incident.
NEED skids plates/a arm protection
Snatch block with the growing recovery bag and fabricate place to reconnect to bumper. I dont think the recovery bag can be overdone because 1/2 the time I am riding with four wheelers
Snorkel for the unforeseen incidents
Music/Radio is more of a want

It has been a blast so far.

Any other essentials fellow riders could recommend that I don't have listed.

Little intorduction and Im sure i Missed some stuff but Thanks Again! - Jordan.

View attachment 214139

Welcome to the club. I used to live up in that area. What town are you closest to?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you, unreal the amount of info available here! We are about 10-15 minutes outside of Cedar Rapids.
Cool. Wife has family over there. This site definitely has a lot of great info and knowledgeable folks. If you enjoy trail rides there's quite a few group rides throughout the year, feel free to join in.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome from Illinois

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!