P500 New P500 and the notorious hard shifting

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
I am OK with the upshifts, it is the automatic (even when in manual) downshifting that is very rough and will skid the tires. I wish it would not downshift for me when simply coasting or braking to a stop.

Reactions: Rdrcr and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, new to the forum, just posted my intro, but was fortunate enough to be able to grab a 2022 P500 on Saturday. I had been looking and ran across a dealer that got an unexpected shipment from Honda.

We live in a cool town that allows sxs on the city streets and golf cart trails. I wanted something that wasn't much bigger than a golf cart, ran on gas so I wasn't buying batteries all the time, and had more power than a golf cart so I could use it other places too. The 500 checked all those boxes.

I get it home and the first thing I notice is the hard shifting and trouble from 1-2. I jumped on here and started searching for an answer. I've read a good number of the hard shifting threads and it seems most of them say "suck it up and power through, everything will be ok." It does seem like I remember one thread where a guy actually had legit issues and dealt with Honda on it. I'm up to 23 miles, did the clutch adjustment as described on here and am still just nervous that this thing isn't going to get better. How bad is too bad?

As for just using it in Manual, I probably will most of the time. Problem is my family will be using it just as much if not more than me. Automatic is a must, especially since I sold the wife on the sxs life instead of a golf cart.

Thanks for all the info already.

View attachment 354697
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I am OK with the upshifts, it is the automatic (even when in manual) downshifting that is very rough and will skid the tires. I wish it would not downshift for me when simply coasting or braking to a stop.
I didn't like the auto downshift at first, but I actually grew to like it.
VERY seldom use the automatic setting on the trans; don't care for the shift points

Reactions: Rdrcr and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!