Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did discover another issue today with my Pioneer 1000 EPS. When I shifted from turf mode to 4x4 locked differential to go through a muddy area in the trail the display on the instrument panel never went to 4x4 diff lock. Drove all the way through the mud and still was not on. Backed up, still not on, drove some more and it finally came on. Then shifted to turf mode and the display changed to 2 wheel drive mode. ( not turf mode with the little x through the rear diff showing it is unlocked). Drove it forward, backward, shifted into other modes and then back to turf mode and still not going into turf mode. Funny thing is if I hold my other shift lever to the right then it goes into turf mode. When I let it go it goes back into 2x with the diff locked. Do these machines use electronics to shift or are they set up with cables. I am stumped. I think it just needs an adjustment but I don't know. Will call the dealer Monday. By the way I do stop with engine at idle to shift like the manual states.

Glad to have you in the club TractorMan!:)
I had to have my cables adjusted before I left the dealer too. It would not disengage posi rear traction.

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. I will probably let the dealer do it as I am within 50 miles of my first service now and they have to install my rear bumper also. I will keep this handy though for future reference.
I went ahead and did the adjustment myself. Thanks again for the instructions. Now would anyone happen to have the instructions for the front differential cable adjustment. My front diff lock light is flickering in and out of locked mode. I am thinking I may need to adjust that cable also.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I went ahead and did the adjustment myself. Thanks again for the instructions. Now would anyone happen to have the instructions for the front differential cable adjustment. My front diff lock light is flickering in and out of locked mode. I am thinking I may need to adjust that cable also.

I'll check the shop manual for that too. Hopefully it won't take me days. I'm back home now so I can check that soon.

Sent from my iPad 7G

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Check this and see if it helps:

38f6ce88fd50dd0f80d72e3ea6fe7f01

Dfb74a277fa87cbebb37327ebe00fff9

Sent from my iPad 7G

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like just about every P1000 has to have the cables adjusted when new. Then I'm sure as they get used, the cables will continue to stretch and need regular adjustment. Not sure why they couldn't have followed Polaris's lead and used electric shifting differentials.
Why would honda follow polaris when they are so far behind honda? Electric shifting goes out. I would rather adjust cables if I needed to. I'm not trying to argue but I'm still glad I got rid of my 900xp because it was wearing out very fast. The p1k is top notch quality!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The electric shift 4wd and diff lock seems to work great on the Foreman, Rubicon, Grizzly, etc.

That's true! My old '03 Forman has electric 4x4 shift and it's never failed.

I still like the idea of a cable tho and I'm fine with it. It's really up to the dealer to do the inspection before it sells. Also, it's up to the buyer to test drive it and check everything.

Sent from my iPad 7G

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seems like just about every P1000 has to have the cables adjusted when new. Then I'm sure as they get used, the cables will continue to stretch and need regular adjustment. Not sure why they couldn't have followed Polaris's lead and used electric shifting differentials.
I really do not think that the cables have stretched that much this soon. I think it has more to do with the folks putting them together initially. This is what mine looked like before adjustment. Hard for me to believe that less than 100 miles of driving caused the cables to stretch that far.

s
20160527 104340

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!