highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
With the success of my Talon shifter plates, I am currently working on a design for the P1000. The Talon and P1000 shifter plates are not exactly the same but similar. I've worked up a design, sent to my fab guys and now waiting on a proof to check fit and function before making a batch.

The new plate will make P1000 shifting quicker and more accurate like my Talon shifter plate does. The 4x4 mode shifter works fine so I've only made slight unnoticeable tweaks to it. Pics will be posted when the production run starts, and I'll open on my website for pre orders at that time. Follow this thread for more information as development progresses.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
After a few minor delays, I was finally able to check the second test plate yesterday. It works perfectly! So today I am ordering 8 made to begin with, powder coated textured black from my local fab shop and expecting to ship the week of March 29.

Store link here: P1000 shifter plate
I'll open for pre-orders if anyone is interested.

Pic of the second test plate.
P1000 plate raw aluminum

Features listed below.
P1000 shifter plate Rev 0 Layout1

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After a few minor delays, I was finally able to check the second test plate yesterday. It works perfectly! So today I am ordering 8 made to begin with, powder coated textured black from my local fab shop and expecting to ship the week of March 29.

Store link here: P1000 shifter plate
I'll open for pre-orders if anyone is interested.

Pic of the second test plate.
View attachment 260727

Features listed below.
View attachment 260728
I am interested, have a price range in mind? Will it have shifter slot insulation to keep wind from blowing through?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Your site says 17’-21’ is there a reason not for a 16’?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I haven’t even had time to write any installation instructions yet but the process is considerably more involved than the Talon shifter plate install. My father-in-law and I have now removed and replaced the shifter plate 3 times to check everything out and Sunday we set a new record. The whole dash has to come out at least past the shifter levers to get the new plate installed. It sounds worse than it is though. Yesterday we had the dash removed and new plate installed in 10 mins, then about 15 minutes to put all the dash back together. Our test Pioneer had a windshield which made it more difficult.

Here are the basic steps:

Remove the hood.

Detach the dash from the front plastic with 2 screws and 6 snap rivets.

Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors for dash switches that are near the battery, plus the connector for the speedometer display. (without a windshield you may get by without having to disconnect all of these, see step 7)

Now moving inside the cab remove all the dash snap rivets and 4 screw along the perimeter and 2 screws near the shifter plate.

Remove both shifter knobs.

Remove the tilt steering rubber seal and lower plastic cowling.

We did not try this but it may work without a windshield, lift the dash up over the steering wheel and shift levers.

With a windshield like we had, we actually had to remove the 2 pivot bolts for the tilt steering to allow the steering column to drop for dash removal.

With the dash removed, remove the 3 screws and OEM shifter plate.

Screw the new plate in place and reverse the order for plastic reinstall.

If you need to adjust your shift cable, there is a small access port located under the battery tray. Loosen the cable lock nuts and adjust the cable play to where the free play travel is centered on the neutral notch. This is where the calibration marks come in handy.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I haven’t even had time to write any installation instructions yet but the process is considerably more involved than the Talon shifter plate install. My father-in-law and I have now removed and replaced the shifter plate 3 times to check everything out and Sunday we set a new record. The whole dash has to come out at least past the shifter levers to get the new plate installed. It sounds worse than it is though. Yesterday we had the dash removed and new plate installed in 10 mins, then about 15 minutes to put all the dash back together. Our test Pioneer had a windshield which made it more difficult.

Here are the basic steps:

Remove the hood.

Detach the dash from the front plastic with 2 screws and 6 snap rivets.

Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors for dash switches that are near the battery, plus the connector for the speedometer display. (without a windshield you may get by without having to disconnect all of these, see step 7)

Now moving inside the cab remove all the dash snap rivets and 4 screw along the perimeter and 2 screws near the shifter plate.

Remove both shifter knobs.

Remove the tilt steering rubber seal and lower plastic cowling.

We did not try this but it may work without a windshield, lift the dash up over the steering wheel and shift levers.

With a windshield like we had, we actually had to remove the 2 pivot bolts for the tilt steering to allow the steering column to drop for dash removal.

With the dash removed, remove the 3 screws and OEM shifter plate.

Screw the new plate in place and reverse the order for plastic reinstall.

If you need to adjust your shift cable, there is a small access port located under the battery tray. Loosen the cable lock nuts and adjust the cable play to where the free play travel is centered on the neutral notch. This is where the calibration marks come in handy.

Hey there friend, thank you much. I’ve installed a ice crusher heater and that required the front removal, it wasn’t bad but would have been much easier before I installed second battery and all switches. This doesn’t sound to bad and I think it will be well worth it. I think this could be used in conjunction with Montana shift plate to and a little protection from the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
A customer pointed out to me that the P1000 LE with i4WD has a different 4x4 selector gate. After checking internet photos I did confirm that the gate is different even though every model 1000 on honda oem parts diagrams list the exact same part number. So I have created a plate for the 1000 LE with i4WD. I"ll have to find a local LE model to test fit.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking part and the drawing descriptions seem like they would be nice design features to add.

I've always dreaded pulling the dash apart but this would likely make it worth it.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The plate changes the routing of the shift lever through the gear selection. The Honda shifter plate has a goofy shape that requires you to look at the shifter when shifting because you have to zigzag through the gears. My shifter plate streamlines the motion and you don’t have to look every time you want to shift. Plus my shifter plate provides stops for reverse and high so that shifting between those two gears is quick and accurate.

I used a local farmer to test the plate on his machine. Farmers aren’t into bling. They expect function. I left the working prototype on the Farmer’s P1000, not expecting any feedback. About 3 weeks into using my shifter plate he told me that it was much better than the Honda plate and should have come like that from Honda! After that I knew I had something that worked well.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I installed it yesterday! I don't have many miles on it yet but so far in loving it!
View attachment 267474

Man that’s nice! I want to do this so bad but I don’t know if I have the patience to rip into my dash with having to deal with the heater and all the electrical,UGH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!