P1000 New shoes in Red Lodge, Montana

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
These tracks were actually a necessity to access our place in early March.

IMG 2427

IMG 2428

IMG 2430

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I could justify buying tracks... You’ve got a beautiful place there.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an F-250 work truck with tracks for several months, for the mud. It was really nice when you needed them, but taking care of them was a chore. Are they as susceptible to flipping over on the buggy as they are on a full size truck?

Reactions: Isaiah
H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had an F-250 work truck with tracks for several months, for the mud. It was really nice when you needed them, but taking care of them was a chore. Are they as susceptible to flipping over on the buggy as they are on a full size truck?

You mean rolling the Pioneer over with the tracks on? Have probably less than 50 miles on the tracks so far but I believe the increase the wheelbase by a fair amount. Plus the unsprung weight is increased dramatically.

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mean the individual track itself flipping. On the big trucks, under the right pressure the arm that supports the track would give and the track would try to spin like a wheel. You had to be pretty careful with them.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I mean the individual track itself flipping. On the big trucks, under the right pressure the arm that supports the track would give and the track would try to spin like a wheel. You had to be pretty careful with them.

I don't think that's a problem with the Camso tracks. I haven't had any issues.

Reactions: Ultrasonic1
Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for putting up with my questions, I haven’t even seen tracks on a SXS in person.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!