Talon New Talon, lots of riding history....

M

mrzap

Mar 28, 2023
pima AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just gave my car a good shake down run of 70 miles... ran well and the shifting with paddles is amazing!! Now in need of the initial service !!

Big issue so far is the lurching / shifting at low speeds,,, I think controllable with a steady right foot and the paddles,,, We shall see.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
good luck at low speeds, I found out early you cant shift your way out of it

the rock solid suspension doesn't help

built a heel rest, rthat helps

imo if that matters- before spending a dime on crap like winches, radios, who has the biggest Weiner tires, etc. - do yourself a favor and rip the shocks off and get revalved\resprung

these are amazing machines, just need fine tuned

IMG 4989

IMG 4987

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just gave my car a good shake down run of 70 miles... ran well and the shifting with paddles is amazing!! Now in need of the initial service !!

Big issue so far is the lurching / shifting at low speeds,,, I think controllable with a steady right foot and the paddles,,, We shall see.
Welcome from The Now Radical Leftist Run Michigan 🤨

Question, do u have a Car or SXS? We have SXS’s at this level son lol.
Dont want you to be in the wrong forum If your talking about a Civic! After all, you havent givin us any info of what you have aka Model, year, miles, color, mods etc. your title says Talon but…..

But Most of all when you first join is pics! Its rule #4 and its called…..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Welcome to the Club!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from The Now Radical Leftist Run Michigan 🤨

Question, do u have a Car or SXS? We have SXS’s at this level son lol.
Dont want you to be in the wrong forum If your talking about a Civic! After all, you havent givin us any info of what you have aka Model, year, miles, color, mods etc. your title says Talon but…..

But Most of all when you first join is pics! Its rule #4 and its called…..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)
Its better than some that call it a bike.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Welcome from Ohio

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Yep, dual range, 6 speed, paddle shiftin', dirt kart. Outta be illegal.

Lurching at low speeds - rest your foot against the tunnel and rock your foot to apply throttle. I don't have any trouble in the rockiest of conditions. Learned how to lock my ankle when I was a poor white boy drivin' a gas guzzlin' 390 Galaxie with an automatic, AC and 9 mpg.

Your thread title says lots of riding history - will be curious what you think of the DCT with paddle shift control compared to those miserable POS CVTs. :p

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!