P700 New Tires Stock Rims 2021 700-4

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey JimmyA. Had to go back through the thread and see you are running the 27's too. I haven't had a chance to put the 700 into any situations that have called for a lot of power while hunting so far. I think I have only put it into 4 wheel drive once but didn't even really need it. I am heading out this weekend to a ATV park (Barnwell Mountain) where I probably can get into a few situations that may require a bit more power to get out of so maybe get a better feel of it. I see you are in Northeast Texas. I worked for 10 years at Lone Star Steel (US Steel) before it was idled and now shutdown. I live just outside of Shreveport now so Gilmer isn't far away at all for Barnwell.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
JimmyA quick question. Are you running 27x9x12 on all four wheels and are they the stock rims? That might be a thought. The 27x9 weigh less than 30 lbs and makes it a more acceptable alternative for me

Reactions: Slackjaw
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Smitty for recommending the shock path. Kind of thought about that too. I do have a little strongmade lift kit on there and cranked up the rear shocks a notch but it still feels a bit spongy riding through the woods with a deer hanging off the back rack i use to haul them with. Well better term would be haul IT with. I know people talk about the fox shocks but gees those things are expensive and is what has been pushing me the new tire route. I make take a little closer look to what may be available in the shock arena.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
JimmyA quick question. Are you running 27x9x12 on all four wheels and are they the stock rims? That might be a thought. The 27x9 weigh less than 30 lbs and makes it a more acceptable alternative for me

This is where I'm leaning.
The old Willy's jeep tall skinny tires.
Not sold on it yet but definitely interested in 27x9x12 all four corners.
I don't think stability will be an issue.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
So true Slackjaw. Doesn't get much tougher than an old Willly's Jeep.

Reactions: Backwoods
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
well looking at the math as best I can it appears that all else being equal and just putting on a 27 inch tire (for sake of the math assuming the 27 inch tire is actually 27 inches) the 700 will lose a little less than 3hp not counting the extra weight. If I put on a 26 inch tire I would lose a little less than 1.5 hp not counting the extra weight. The added weight of the tire is away from the center of the wheel making it a detrimental location causing more hp to be used to get it moving. I think in my situation that I am not go over a 26 inch tire which is usually lighter that a 27 inch to help remediate the loss of power as much as possible while giving me a little better tire with my type of usage.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is the thread by BarRZR on RZRforums.net and is where I got my figures. I think the 700 is running 36hp? That is the number I used in the formula in the thread below.

Think of the tire the same way as a sprocket or a gear, the circumference of which will, obviously, travel further per revolution with a relatively bigger tire than a smaller. So, extending that analogy, by mounting a larger-diameter tire, you are effectively "raising" the gear-ratio. "The difference in travel can be calculated by applying the circumference formula: C=pi X D, where pi=3.1416 and D=diameter. Now, the loss in power with this new "gear-ratio" can be, to a first-order approximation, calculated by dividing the circumference of the smaller tire by the circumference of the larger tire, which will produce a decimal fraction. This decimal fraction multiplied by the gross power that you had before the tire-change will (again, to a first order) be a good approximation of how much power remains after the increase in tire diameter

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
my
well looking at the math as best I can it appears that all else being equal and just putting on a 27 inch tire (for sake of the math assuming the 27 inch tire is actually 27 inches) the 700 will lose a little less than 3hp not counting the extra weight. If I put on a 26 inch tire I would lose a little less than 1.5 hp not counting the extra weight. The added weight of the tire is away from the center of the wheel making it a detrimental location causing more hp to be used to get it moving. I think in my situation that I am not go over a 26 inch tire which is usually lighter that a 27 inch to help remediate the loss of power as much as possible while giving me a little better tire with my type of usage.
My 27s are 26 tall on the machine they weigh 29lbs on a 13 pound aluminum rim ( ITP ). I do not notice a power loss.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Backwoods. Not sure I would notice 4 or 5 hp loss or not and I am probably over analyzing all of this. I love my 700. I took it to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX this past weekend for the first time out on something like that. It was an awesome day. I never lacked in power at all. A lot of the tougher trials had huge water holes on them and really didn't want to risk it being way to deep so would turn around. The ones I did go on were sometimes pretty steep and would have washed out areas. I got high centered a couple of times (thank goodness for the added winch). I was able to ride on the edge of the wall with one side and on top of the center hump with the other side and got through most of them. I was impressed with the side bite on the stock tires to hold the wall side of the sxs up allowing me to make it through those spots. I know to look for that now in a tire. I will go back. Wife liked all the placements of the facilities along the trails. Saw a lot of jeeps and some bad a$$ SxS's but all of the were clean. I guess everyone was like me and didn't want to mess with those deep water holes :)

Reactions: Backwoods
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I kinda looked at shocks but that is ridiculous money for shocks o_O. Between roof, windshield , wench, spare tire, tools, ect. I think spending that kind of money on shocks is a little over the top for me. I think I will get a little better idea of true needs before I make that kind of jump. I have only been a couple of times to Barnwell Mountain trails and with the small lift I put on it I have gotten high centered . Its kind of like you do something to get over a spot like that then there is the next one a little bit worse and you get high centered again. Do something to gain more clearance to get over that and then the next one. I can see it spiraling out of control in a hurry. I am still looking at tires and have talked to a lot of people on the trails. Opinions from the people I have talked to are like they are on line. Everyone has a reason they are using the tire they have I have not really talked to many that utilize it like I do. Most everyone that have a 700 I have talked to have left them pretty much stock. Tires were the main difference but think that is because tires wear out and have to be replaced. Time will tell and I have been happy with the 700-4 so far. If I do make the move and do some ground clearing upgrades I will definitely post the pics.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I kinda looked at shocks but that is ridiculous money for shocks o_O. Between roof, windshield , wench, spare tire, tools, ect. I think spending that kind of money on shocks is a little over the top for me. I think I will get a little better idea of true needs before I make that kind of jump. I have only been a couple of times to Barnwell Mountain trails and with the small lift I put on it I have gotten high centered . Its kind of like you do something to get over a spot like that then there is the next one a little bit worse and you get high centered again. Do something to gain more clearance to get over that and then the next one. I can see it spiraling out of control in a hurry. I am still looking at tires and have talked to a lot of people on the trails. Opinions from the people I have talked to are like they are on line. Everyone has a reason they are using the tire they have I have not really talked to many that utilize it like I do. Most everyone that have a 700 I have talked to have left them pretty much stock. Tires were the main difference but think that is because tires wear out and have to be replaced. Time will tell and I have been happy with the 700-4 so far. If I do make the move and do some ground clearing upgrades I will definitely post the pics.
Your going to end up buying good shocks in the end and throwing away your lift kit. No lift kit will fix the stock shocks. Buy shocks and fix your tail dragger.

K

Kloyd78

May 28, 2020
Fort Smith, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just to give some more info....I have a stock 700-4
The base model pioneer suspension is garbage. Only thing I don’t like about the stock pioneer. I went with 27/9/12-27/11/12 tires and 2” wheel spacers. Then added fox podium 2.0 shocks. Whole different rig now. We are trail/mud/rock riders here in Arkansas. 12 inch clearance gets me through/over most stuff. There have been a few ruts coming out of holes I couldn’t get out of. But they were huge. No lift. Just 27’s and shocks got me 12+ clearance. But you are correct the shocks are a big investment but personally I’m thrilled I went with fox’s.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
They were supposedly upgraded a bit in 2015, but I still think the front Shocks are too soft.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the info everyone. I have the strongmade lift on it now. Measuring it gave me a little over 11.5 inches (also adjusted the shocks up one notch) clearance in back but only about 11 in front. It helped clearance a bit but I also believe the repositioning of the shock mounting points with the kit helped the dampening too by putting the shocks a little more upright. Testing on same area before and after lift kit, the one person in the back seats said it felt better too. I haven't hit anything that has bottomed out the shocks YET but am sure I will eventually. I don't think I am doing it right if I don't. :)

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
P700-4 deluxe

Been running m1 evil for over a year
27 x 9 x 12
27 x 11 x 12

I went to a

big horn 2.0 today
26 x 9 x 12
26 x 11 x12

The m1 are 8 ply very heavy I thought it took to much from my machine. Ill give the BH 2.0 a try and see if it makes a difference.
I will do some runs and log them with the power vision and see it helps. I hope so cause changing out tires was a big pain in the but. I am trying to get every thing I can out of the 700 with no low gear the 700 is limited where it can go. If it had a low gear I would be a perfect machine. I do have a JEI bed extender with artc 45, 2 gallon rotopax of water and 2 gallon rotopax fuel. Maybe without all that weight in the back it 27" would not be that big of a deal.

Reactions: livefromthetree
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Look into the can am commander shocks. big upgrade from stock and a much cheaper option

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks osobad. I will look into that. I definitely need a much cheaper option.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks osobad. I will look into that. I definitely need a much cheaper option.
also gives it lift

20210109 104701 20210109 105448

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!