monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I just picked up a 2915 that had the Honda full windshield installed.

But something doesn't seem right. The two swing arms at the bottom don't fully tighten. It's like the thumb screws are too long, they go into the bracket and hit the roll bar before sinching down the windshield swing arms. Maybe there's missing a part? Could someone please confirm what a proper installation looks like, with a picture perhaps? Thanks!

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Time to browse the speciality screw section at HDepot

haha. yes that would do it, but is it just me or is it unlike Honda to pull a simple flub like this?

A soft 1/4" rubber washer would solve the problem

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The standard windshield uses "thumb screws" to hold the adjusters, while the hard coat windshield uses the "cam" type. The way you can tell which windshield you have is the standard (non hardcoat) has a black border around the windshield with the HONDA name on the bottom.
The thumb screws will be too long if you don't have a washer on both sides of the adjusting arm. If it still acts like it's bottoming out before tightening down enough, add slightly thicker washers, or an extra washer.

I would have guessed they were the same. Here is the instructions for the Poly one: http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SR73-HL5-100.pdf

Reactions: monaco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!