P1000 New to the forum :)

N

NC-MACK

Jun 29, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First post here just wanted to say hi and only have a small agenda :D I have a 2019 P1k5D and so far I have been extremely happy with it. It's got about 400 miles on it (mostly around our small town and open trail riding and maybe a little bit of Florida mud :cool:) I've added a viper winch, 2nd battery with isolator, switch panel, rims and tires on order, and some other minor add-ons and tweaks cuz I can't leave anything alone (more on that later).

I've been lurking around for a month or so and have really enjoyed the posts/topics/responses here, seems to be a great community with a bunch of helpful and informed people....and a couple of goofballs.

I don't know how many Florida P1k5 owners we have here and would like to head over to Ocala and ride those trails as well. Which meanders me around to my point. I bought the machine with an Audio-Formz top on it Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Stereo Tops and I wanted to gauge any interest in it by someone close enough to pick it up. I'm not even sure if my wife will let me sell it at this point as I'm fairly certain that top is what sold her on this machine! I wanted a Talon but came home with a Pioneer o_O Anyway I'm wanted to build a custom roll cage ( I may just chop this cage) for the machine and get rid of some of this height and weight off the top. Then I want to build my own lightweight fiberglass custom top to fit the new cage so I can fit it in my enclosed trailer. This crazy top added about $2k to the machine and is in perfect condition as it's only about a month old. IF I'm actually allowed to sell it :rolleyes: I'd be looking in the $1500+ range.

In any event, love the forum and have learned a lot from you guys. Look forward to contributing when I have something helpful to say :p

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
welcome to the club I live in eustis and we ride ocala north and south if you need help on your bike let me know. and if you sell the roof to some one out of state some of us are traveling to rides and could help deliver it for ya. just to keep your option open where in fl are you

N

NC-MACK

Jun 29, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys/gals!
I live on the space coast near the Kennedy Space center. I think I MAY have my wife conned into letting me sell her precious top (uhhh, the Honda's top that is) but with the condition that I install another stereo system on the new top (more fiberglass work for me :rolleyes: ). I think she's mesmurized by the Speaker LED's on the current top. I wanna be a member of the Chop Top Club in the worst way! I have my porta band and mig welder sitting very close to the bike in the garage...maybe a little too close o_O

Nick

Will post pictures of the bike/top soon...

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Welcome to the forum. If you are considering add-ons, then I would suggest one of the cheapest you will buy, a battery tender. The tender will keep the battery ready to go and in my experience really extend the overall life, a nice cheap addition, just plug it up when not in use…

Reactions: NC-MACK and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from one of the Golfballs in this HONDA bucket of life, risen up from the depths of the ancient swift currents and into the enlightenment of a new day’s dawning....
Be welcome forthwith and forever unto unity within....
91AD5E3A 9B3F 48BD ACD5 8AB628692A04

N

NC-MACK

Jun 29, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from one of the Golfballs in this HONDA bucket of life, risen up from the depths of the ancient swift currents and into the enlightenment of a new day’s dawning....
Be welcome forthwith and forever unto unity within....
View attachment 145650

If I'm honest I probably fit in quite well with the goofballs more than any other group :) Hell I'm talking about taking a band saw and welder to a brand new machine :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!