P1000m5 New to the Forum

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
Just got on the forum, my 1000-5 has 130 miles on it and just did the first service, IM happy to say I haven't had any issues with my machine but getting scared after reading about all of the clutch issues. I have had Hondas, Yamahas, Polaris, and Suzukis, and was really excited about the Honda 1000, Sure hope the issues are either resolved or I don't have any because I really like my buggy. However I will not function very well mentally if a machine this expensive starts jacking up. hahaha Now I am scared to do anything but trail ride and that's not me. I run my stuff pretty hard, but always keep it maintained and don't abuse it. Anyway glad to be on a forum that can help me with my issues.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club. I'm glad you have a problem free SXS and congrats on the pioneer 1000.

I wouldn't worry about too much. There are thousands of them out there with out any issues and only a hand full that have problems.

Reactions: Tflynn and Null
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Keep us posted on your mods and adventures.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those problems are in back of my mind too but I still drive it like I want. That's what warranties are for lol. Welcome to the forum. We loves us some pics so hook us up lol

Reactions: Tflynn and Null
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Bigworm Welcome to the club and congrats on the P1K. Should serve you well, don't worry about if you will have problems or not just ride and enjoy it.

Reactions: Null
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Something to remember, if your new ride is performing flawlessly, you don't post about it, you ride! If your new ride has a problem, you post loud and often!

I'm guessing the vast majority of 1000 owners are having zero issues.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got on the forum, my 1000-5 has 130 miles on it and just did the first service, IM happy to say I haven't had any issues with my machine but getting scared after reading about all of the clutch issues. I have had Hondas, Yamahas, Polaris, and Suzukis, and was really excited about the Honda 1000, Sure hope the issues are either resolved or I don't have any because I really like my buggy. However I will not function very well mentally if a machine this expensive starts jacking up. hahaha Now I am scared to do anything but trail ride and that's not me. I run my stuff pretty hard, but always keep it maintained and don't abuse it. Anyway glad to be on a forum that can help me with my issues.
My 1000 runs like a champ!

T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
Something to remember, if your new ride is performing flawlessly, you don't post about it, you ride! If your new ride has a problem, you post loud and often!

I'm guessing the vast majority of 1000 owners are having zero issues.
I ride a BMW motorcycle too, and they had an "Internet" reputation of the final drives failing, to the point I was almost scared to ride mine. 140,000 miles later, it's still holding up. Like Tflynn says, you will hear about the ones that fail, not the thousands that are working flawlessly. Ride it like you stole it.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!