Talon New to the TALON world

Grumpy2050

Grumpy2050

Sep 17, 2021
Caldwell Id
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just got my 1000x 4 and now my garage looks like an Amazon distribution center. Fed EX, and UPS drivers know me by name, and may be coming to BBQ this week. Waiting on my trailer to get here, so nothing to do but add stuff.

This is not my first SxS, I had a Rhino, then a Can Am Commander.

Things I have learned about the TALON, IT EATS THINGS. Drop a nut or bolt, it is GONE. Drop a wrench, GONE. Not sure where things go, but for sure gone.

Looking forward to learning more about our new toy

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my 1000x 4 and now my garage looks like an Amazon distribution center. Fed EX, and UPS drivers know me by name, and may be coming to BBQ this week. Waiting on my trailer to get here, so nothing to do but add stuff.

Things I have learned about the TALON, IT EATS THINGS. Drop a nut or bolt, it is GONE. Drop a wrench, GONE. Not sure where things go, but for sure gone.

Congratulations! I love my x4. 30-32" tires are needed on this machine. Also get yourself a uhmw skid plate with the x brace.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congrats on the new rig, remember....buying the SxS is the cheapest part, NOT KIDDING!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from The Great Lakes State!

Get you some Skids next! Remember….
PICS IR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State.

And another reminder....pics or it didn't happen.

#NTC

Reactions: TimG and Haldog77
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

The link in my sig will take you to some basic Talon information if you haven’t seen it.

Reactions: TimG
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
First thing to check is post 106 linked in my sig. Honda used a bolt that’s too long for a rear seat belt and it will be glad to eat a hole in your wiring harness. :oops: You can cut the bolt shorter (my choice if I had an X4) or tie the harness back better.

Reactions: Backwoods and TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Awesome, welcome here. I believe you’ll love your X4LV….

Like @Plumber32 said, 30” tires are a great improvement. Skids don’t hurt either if you’re riding rocks…

Have fun and post pics of your progress!!!

Reactions: TimG and Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!