Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome From Michigan!

In this order…PICS PICS PICS, skid plates and Super ATV flip windshield and a roof is a must in my book,

P

Pschwandt

Sep 28, 2021
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lol. Pics. Dealer said it’s on truck will pick up this weekend or next for sure is way they talked. I ordered the factory extended roof and trying to decide which windshield to get. Put a two inch lift in cart and haven’t pulled trigger yet.
quite the dilemma im in

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol. Pics. Dealer said it’s on truck will pick up this weekend or next for sure is way they talked. I ordered the factory extended roof and trying to decide which windshield to get. Put a two inch lift in cart and haven’t pulled trigger yet.
quite the dilemma im in
Stat away from the lift. Put it towards some nice shocks and a SATV flip windshield. Heres why…

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
quite the dilemma im in
Look into getting some commander shocks. Improves the ride and adds lift. Super atv flip out windshield is the way to go. Welcome to the club.

Reactions: toddvdh
P

Pschwandt

Sep 28, 2021
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
What are commander shocks? Like can am commander?
Looks like satv has windshield in stock

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are commander shocks? Like can am commander?
Looks like satv has windshield in stock
Correct. Use the search on here. There are lots of threads about it. A arms from SuperATV (just learned these were available) and fox shocks would be best but most expensive option. Then I would say the commander shocks would be next best option and cheaper. I don't have actual experience with either. That's just what I've read on here from other people more experienced than me about this subject.
When I had my 2014 700-4 I installed spring spacers on the front shocks and SuperATV bracket lift front and rear. The spacers kept the stock shocks from bottoming out so much. I definitely liked the extra ground clearance. Still rode rough though but was the cheapest option to fit 28" tires.
If I had to do it over I would have gotten the a arms and fox shocks for the better ride. That's what most of the 1000 guys on here are doing. It's on my list of upgrades for my 1000 as well.
Good luck with the new ride.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
Regarding Windshield - IMO glass is best -
Pros:
Most are DOT, which maybe required for street licensing, if available in your area.
You can use a scraper on it and it doesn't scratch, the same goes for windshield wipers.
If broken, most auto glass shops will be able to replace glass in frame, I would imagine a chip could be repaired by the same shop.
Cons:
Expensive.
Heavy
Probably won't let as much air flow as some other types, especially flip up or fold down styles.

Hardcoat polycarbonate would probably be my second choice, although I never had one.
Non Hardcoated - Don't waste your money, they scratch terribly, I had a fold down version that after it became difficult to see through I replaced it with a glass windshield.

P

Pschwandt

Sep 28, 2021
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
In garage picked up last night

5FD9E655 0786 4EFE 8643 E5E153AEF791

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!