highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've removed all my parts from my etsy store. Those shoppers are dumba$$e$$! I've had to accept more returns from etsy buyers than any other platform. They don't pay attention to what they are buying. Yesterday a customer request a refund because their Talon shifter plate was "no where close to fitting". That BS!!!! These parts are CNC cut to precision every time and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has ever said their Talon shifter plate did not fit. I asked the customer for a picture but they haven't replied. This request drew a flag so I checked my sales records and the same customer ordered a P1000 shifter plate last year and also requested a refund because it didn't fit. When I asked for a picture they sent a crappy resolution pic of a P1000 with one of those stainless dress up covers. Now I think that pic was a bogus. I explained that my plate is not a dress up part but a functional part that replaces the factory shifter plate. They still requested a refund. There is something fishy going on with this buyer. I've emailed etsy to check into this buyer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol..
Amazon is worse.
I've sold 200+ of a product from my store. With maybe 1 or 2 returns (expected).

On amazon. Sent 24 units to FBA. Has 8 returns.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I tried to get setup with Amazon after you mention at takeover how much you sell there, but I found their system completely cumbersome and over complicated. After 2 tries to list my shifter plates I gave up.

Ebay is much easier to list with and I've had no returns through them for my products. Other products only a few returns. I can't complain. With all communication through ebay, they do a good job of monitoring any discrepancies and have never let me down.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I tried to get setup with Amazon after you mention at takeover how much you sell there, but I found their system completely cumbersome and over complicated. After 2 tries to list my shifter plates I gave up.

Ebay is much easier to list with and I've had no returns through them for my products. Other products only a few returns. I can't complain. With all communication through ebay, they do a good job of monitoring any discrepancies and have never let me down.
I still do 90% eBay over Amazon.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Once you get amazon figured out... product is gone. Sold. Even at a higher price. For unique products.

But ya. It's difficulate. Took getting set up with an advisor to get FBA rolling.

Then lots of issues still today.
Not recommended unless you are committed to building an amazon brand

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
There are some very good sellers out there and some buyers that try to take advantage of it. The buyer fabricates a "complaint" hoping for a refund and the seller not asking for the item to be returned.

I, too, prefer eBay, but mainly because I consider Amazon the evil empire.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My wix website and store do really well considering how unknown I am. I sell very few products locally or within Louisiana but nationwide is unbelievable. Wix SEO optimization works really well!! The shipping features are lacking calculated shipping which is what I prefer to use.

Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thankfully I've never had to refund any of my customers. Of course I'm not making my living off of it either and most of my sales are through links to my website through this forum, so they're of a certain intelligence already. Caught wind of someone posting on FB recently and my sales jumped a lot, to the point I started sweating I would run out of material.
Also researched a lot of websites terms and conditions and found one that I essentially copied. If you read through the whole thing, by making a purchase the entire transaction is at the customers own risk and I don't even have to send them anything. I'd never do that and would refund someone if it was legit. But if it was someone just being a D bag, they own it and have no recourse.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!