NO power when tires locked

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
So at Ride Royal Blue I hit a few different mud ruts slowly just to see if I had clearance, well I didn't of course no big deal I got pulled out. But when My tires were not able to turn, WHEN I mashed the gas the the floor....... The honda just bogged. Now this is something I can NOT live with and I am not sure WHY this would happen.
I was in 4wd Diff Lock and 2 tires I know were just in clay 1 other off the ground back right in ground. ANd I gave it gas and it would NOT REV up and would want to BOGG down. Can anyone tell me why 2018 Deluxe p1k-5. It has even happened behind my house trying to go up a small creek NO Matter how hard I press the pedal it boggs
Sounds like you have a belt slipping 🤣🤣🤣

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So at Ride Royal Blue I hit a few different mud ruts slowly just to see if I had clearance, well I didn't of course no big deal I got pulled out. But when My tires were not able to turn, WHEN I mashed the gas the the floor....... The honda just bogged. Now this is something I can NOT live with and I am not sure WHY this would happen.
I was in 4wd Diff Lock and 2 tires I know were just in clay 1 other off the ground back right in ground. ANd I gave it gas and it would NOT REV up and would want to BOGG down. Can anyone tell me why 2018 Deluxe p1k-5. It has even happened behind my house trying to go up a small creek NO Matter how hard I press the pedal it boggs
My P1k5D was turning 30’s and bouncing off the rev limiter.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4

I’m running 30% geardown portals with 31’s on my talon and it does the same thing buried in mud. (Effectively a 20% geardown)

Basically I cannot stop moving or it’s winch time.

(That’s why i bought an 8500# winch.)

Currently looking for a solution also.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m running 30% geardown portals with 31’s on my talon and it does the same thing buried in mud. (Effectively a 20% geardown)

I have 4500# hope it lasts lol

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Look into a tune. There's a lot left on the table with these things (Talon or Pioneer).

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Look into a tune. There's a lot left on the table with these things (Talon or Pioneer).

I’m running the DJT tune.

Minor mid range and over rev improvement.

Otherwise zero gains on engagement TQ and HP.

(Bogs like a biatch)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!