Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea I need to see if there is a connector on it I can unplug.
There is, just need a flash light and fish.
I believe there is a fuse for it as well, u can try that.
I do this kind of chacing every day. I hate it cuz its tedious. sometimes you find it right away. Sometimes it takes hours testing everything one by one checking them off the list but whatever you do don’t leave any stone unturned or you will hate yourself later

Reactions: CID
E

elarson6772

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2024
Saginaw, Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
There is, just need a flash light and fish.
I believe there is a fuse for it as well, u can try that.
I do this kind of chacing every day. I hate it cuz its tedious. sometimes you find it right away. Sometimes it takes hours testing everything one by one checking them off the list but whatever you do don’t leave any stone unturned or you will hate yourself later
Do you know if there is a fuse diagram for these somewhere?

Reactions: JayPo and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure on a P1-6 or a 23’ but my 16’ the fuse panel is under the hood.
If u become a life/supporting member of the forum you will have access to the service manual with all that in it for free

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would just get in there under the firewall with a flash light and find the molex plug for the PS.
BTW if your under warranty, might be best to take it in. Dont want to get in there and F things up then take it in. Let them F it up so it's covered.

E

elarson6772

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2024
Saginaw, Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I would just get in there under the firewall with a flash light and find the molex plug for the PS.
BTW if your under warranty, might be best to take it in. Dont want to get in there and F things up then take it in. Let them F it up so it's covered.
Turns out the Eps fuse is readily available right under the hood next to the normal fuse panel.

Brand new (80 miles on it), I’m just hoping its something simple I can resolve rather than rent a trailer and haul it 90 minutes one way to the closest dealer.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the power steering work well when driving and does it return to center nicely?

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Works perfectly.
What works perfectly? I cant see posts 27&28 that person must have got butt hurt and blocked me at some point.
Brand new (80 miles on it), I’m just hoping its something simple I can resolve rather than rent a trailer and haul it 90 minutes one way to the closest dealer.
So You bought a rig and didnt get a trailer first? 😱
I get it wanting it to be something simple, but sounds like the repair is not quite that easy, over your head and possibly balls deep into the machine. If was as simple as a loose molex or a fuse (all unlikely in this case) your good. But as a tech and something is under warranty and they customer messed with someone to make the original issue Worse. We dont take kindly to that. But its your rig. Cant hide money

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
advertisement
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the service manual for the 2022. Tomorrow morning I can snap a pic of the wiring diagram for you. Honda made changes in 22 so it may be the same as your 23

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
What works perfectly? I cant see posts 27&28 that person must have got butt hurt and blocked me at some point.

His power steering. That someone asked if the steering was working correctly and said it might be the power steering trying correct itself (like finding center).

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
His power steering. That someone asked if the steering was working correctly and said it might be the power steering trying correct itself (like finding center).
That is what I suspect, the weird thing is why it’s getting power when the unit is off. Bad ignition switch?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is what I suspect, the weird thing is why it’s getting power when the unit is off. Bad ignition switch?
Yeah, weird. He'll have to start unplugging things. Not having a trailer to get it back to the dealer will complicate things.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, weird. He'll have to start unplugging things. Not having a trailer to get it back to the dealer will complicate things.
Yea, I would use an infrared thermometer to find the hot item(which I believe is the power steering motor) and if it is do the rack and steering center procedure.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

So You bought a rig and didnt get a trailer first? 😱
I get it wanting it to be something simple, but sounds like the repair is not quite that easy, over your head and possibly balls deep into the machine. If was as simple as a loose molex or a fuse (all unlikely in this case) your good. But as a tech and something is under warranty and they customer messed with someone to make the original issue Worse. We dont take kindly to that. But its your rig. Cant hide money
Agree

Dealer wired/added stuff - take it back. Key off and making noises - really - omg!!!

Is what it is.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have turn signals installed?
My flasher relay makes the same sound when it gets wet. I pull the ground off it for a day when it happens. It will dry out, plug it back in and you are fine.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 0944

advertisement