P1000 Northern WI guys get in here.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heading up to Vilas county to do a little fishing at our cabin next week. Planning to take the pioneer but I noticed they have a 65" limit on UTV width. I am at 66.5 with my new wheels on. I'm not big on breaking the rules so should I put my old wheels back on or is this not strictly enforced?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Heading up to Vilas county to do a little fishing at our cabin next week. Planning to take the pioneer but I noticed they have a 65" limit on UTV width. I am at 66.5 with my new wheels on. I'm not big on breaking the rules so should I put my old wheels back on or is this not strictly enforced?
No I would leave em. I bet nobody noticed it. An inch and a half is only noticeable during sex. 😂 😂

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is exactly why I left my stock wheels on. You probably wont get hassled by the law, but if there are gates where you ride you will be SOL.

Reactions: CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Plumber32 has all the ways to avoid the law on the WI trails.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I ride a lot in northern WI from Silver Cliff to Dunbar and Goodman. I see lots of overwidth UTV's and none of them ever get hassled. The only times I've seen/been pulled over by the DNR is for too loud of exhaust and speeding in the places with posted limits.

I'd keep the new wheels on. I haven't run across any gates on the trails in northern WI.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride a lot in northern WI from Silver Cliff to Dunbar and Goodman. I see lots of overwidth UTV's and none of them ever get hassled. The only times I've seen/been pulled over by the DNR is for too loud of exhaust and speeding in the places with posted limits.

I'd keep the new wheels on. I haven't run across any gates on the trails in northern WI.
Thanks for the info.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only gates ive encountered were in langalade trail system coming off harrison hills. They are tight but never hit a post with a tire, rear of rops may have clipped a couple times.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only gates ive encountered were in langalade trail system coming off harrison hills. They are tight but never hit a post with a tire, rear of rops may have clipped a couple times.
Harrison and Langlade county gates are tight.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An long as there are no gates in Vilas Co then I should be good to go. I don’t plan on riding anywhere else. Thanks for all the info.

Reactions: Smitty335 and wrhii

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!