o sh## handle for the wife

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I think shes gonna need it. just kidding. she has been asking for one so here's what I came up with.
I just used the roll bar bolts and clamped a bracket I made in there. the pipe is 120 1" diam so its very firm.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
ops

Attachments

• handle.png
    handle.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 488
  • handle mount.png
    handle mount.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 473
Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Nice! Well i've heard when in doubt throttle out! My personal favorite is...... It's either gonna go or blow so just stand on it!!!! Nice job with the turbo! Just finished installing the HMF exhaust pipe with header wrap on the entire pipe. Haven't had a chance to drive the beast yet to see and feel the improvement. Maybe new years day!?...

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
thanks on the handle.
I have found that the motor likes to run ritcher than most motors. with and with out the turbo. the gen 4 fuel controller I have would help a lot with the power.
also there is a big restriction in the intake boot just as it goes into the throttle body. the restriction is a 1/4 inch wall on the outside of the bend where it reduces down to the throttle body size.( porting 101 no walls. no walls on bends. no walls on bends at reduction areas.

its just a bad mold it can be fixed with a sheet rock knife very quickly without weakening it.
you will have to remove the boot from the air filter housing to see it.
I found this while I was doing the turbo I wish I had seen it sooner so I could tell you how much difference it would make.
it doesn't cost anything to fix so I would look into it

I was going to post this just haven't had time so you may see it again in another post.

Attachments

• boot 1.png
    boot 1.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 446
  • boot two.png
    boot two.png
    1 MB · Views: 458
Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Thanks for the heads up on the intake tube. I'll check mine soon. I agree more air and fuel in and more exhaust out = more power!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!