P700 bluetooth scanner for phone or tablet??

BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I have used the forum search,and not finding what I am looking for ......Is possible to buy a bluetooth adapter scanner (like the elm327) that you use for diagnostics on a car or truck? The android apps I use for diagnostics most always have a great basic screen for MPH RPM FUEL levels.......I'll probably use an old galaxy tab...and that will also be used for trail mapping ...Not at all interested in a tuner as of yet,and dont care for the price of a tuner to get the features I am looking for...just a generic picture for reference

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I have used the forum search,and not finding what I am looking for ......Is possible to buy a bluetooth adapter scanner (like the elm327) that you use for diagnostics on a car or truck? The android apps I use for diagnostics most always have a great basic screen for MPH RPM FUEL levels.......I'll probably use an old galaxy tab...and that will also be used for trail mapping ...Not at all interested in a tuner as of yet,and dont care for the price of a tuner to get the features I am looking for...just a generic picture for reference

View attachment 376309
Are you talking about for use on your 700?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no...outside of the tuner you mentioned. I'm pretty sure Honda uses proprietary software that's not available to the public. And if it was, it'd cost way more than the tuner.

@HondaTech can tell us for sure.

H

HondaTech

Are you talking about for use on your 700?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no...outside of the tuner you mentioned. I'm pretty sure Honda uses proprietary software that's not available to the public. And if it was, it'd cost way more than the tuner.

@HondaTech can tell us for sure.

I'll explain later 👀

Reactions: CID and Buggyman
H

HondaTech

Honda is moving out stuff towards common automotive code readout, while still using regular numbered blinks for the dash diagnostics.

They've added a Generic Scan Tool function to newer models. I hooked my scan tool (Autell MX808) to a 2022 P1K with an adapter that @Hondasxs sent me and couldnt get it to work. But my scan tool could be too smart.

I believe a Generic Scan Tool will only be worthwhile to read current or past (not deleted) codes. It won't read live data, atleast not yet.

Currently the only thing that supports automotive codes are as follows:

2020 and up Talon Live Valve System
2022 P1K Power Steering System
2023 P700 Power Steering System

I dont believe the Talon LV system will read through a Generic Scan Tool, the 2023 models may.

BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honda is moving out stuff towards common automotive code readout, while still using regular numbered blinks for the dash diagnostics.

They've added a Generic Scan Tool function to newer models. I hooked my scan tool (Autell MX808) to a 2022 P1K with an adapter that @Hondasxs sent me and couldnt get it to work. But my scan tool could be too smart.

I believe a Generic Scan Tool will only be worthwhile to read current or past (not deleted) codes. It won't read live data, atleast not yet.

Currently the only thing that supports automotive codes are as follows:

2020 and up Talon Live Valve System
2022 P1K Power Steering System
2023 P700 Power Steering System

I dont believe the Talon LV system will read through a Generic Scan Tool, the 2023 models

BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well that answered that...I'm sure one day it would be available as a read only for the public,just like our cars are now...Thought it would be pretty cool to have a $20 adapter to connect to the buggy and then a free app on a galaxy tab, and then a great live data dash..just like we can do on our cars and trucks ..wish ful thinking on my part..as we know all of that info is actually there since it is fuel injected and has a computer that is constantly monitoring o2 sensors ,fuel trim,speed, voltage, etc...,..and thanks for your reply

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!