P700 Recommendations for Southeast Michigan mechanic?

M

MI_PIONEER

Feb 3, 2023
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just purchased a 700-4 this week and starting to buy all of the accessories. Some of the upgrades are easy enough to install, but I'm looking for help with the electrical side (dual battery/larger battery, winch, speakers, lights). The honda dealer I spoke with apparentely doesn't have much experience with installing dual batteries in the 700 or fabricating anything to mount larger batteries. Does anyone have a recommendation for shops in southeastern michigan that might have more experience with these? It seems like everything that I've researched for dual battery or larger battery setups have included some sort of custom fabrication.

Looking to eventually install a winch for snow plow, soundbar or maybe amplified tower speakers, and a few more lights. I might just have that dealer run with it and hope for the best, but it'd be nice to know if there is someone in the area that has had experience with this before handing it over! Thanks.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. There are several Michigan members who might could help you out. There are several owners and videos on this sight that could help with anything you decide to undertake.
#NTC

M

MI_PIONEER

Feb 3, 2023
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, Mowpower. I've seen a lot of good threads and videos on what seem like great setups, but some of the electrical stuff is a little over my head. I'll definitely give it a try if I have to. I'm hoping to find a shop/referral that might have some experience with the Pioneer 700s. Not feeling too confident after talking to the dealership

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I would encourage you to do your research (start here on the forums and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions), watch lots of YouTube videos, and do these upgrades/accessory installs yourself.

Having someone else install your stuff might be easier, but you won't have gained the knowledge or experience on how to address a problem if something comes up out on the trail or when you're not around knowledgeable folks.

Welcome from SE Michgan, BTW.

Better post some pics of your bike before our resident sheriff comes along and reprimands you! :)

H

HondaTech

Just purchased a 700-4 this week and starting to buy all of the accessories. Some of the upgrades are easy enough to install, but I'm looking for help with the electrical side (dual battery/larger battery, winch, speakers, lights). The honda dealer I spoke with apparentely doesn't have much experience with installing dual batteries in the 700 or fabricating anything to mount larger batteries. Does anyone have a recommendation for shops in southeastern michigan that might have more experience with these? It seems like everything that I've researched for dual battery or larger battery setups have included some sort of custom fabrication.

Looking to eventually install a winch for snow plow, soundbar or maybe amplified tower speakers, and a few more lights. I might just have that dealer run with it and hope for the best, but it'd be nice to know if there is someone in the area that has had experience with this before handing it over! Thanks.

Most dealers won't touch dual battery stuff and won't even begin to touch "fabricating" anything.

The responsibility involved isn't worth it for most to to want to fool with it. We don't install them for that reason as well.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Most dealers won't touch dual battery stuff and won't even begin to touch "fabricating" anything.

The responsibility involved isn't worth it for most to to want to fool with it. We don't install them for that reason as well.
Lawyers!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Welcome from Ohio the great folks on this forum will be glad to help you get your rig set up. you CAN do this.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just purchased a 700-4 this week
Better post some pics of your SXS before our resident sheriff comes along and reprimands you! :)
Welcome Fellow BiG GRETCH sufferer and fellow Michigander!

As stated above, a dealer wont touch the dual battery, Plus having the dealer do any of the work your needing will be a rape! I would suggest to start a build thread and try it yourself, its not as hard (NoHomo) to do and we will be there to help ever step of the way.

Fixed it for ya! @Scoop 😂

So @MI_PIONEER we have rules when u first join as u read but the most important is Rule# 4 and thats posting pics of your rig no matter what condition its in. Big Gretch and her cohorts are watching so Post ‘em up!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

M

MI_PIONEER

Feb 3, 2023
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

As stated above, a dealer wont touch the dual battery, Plus having the dealer do any of the work your needing will be a rape! I would suggest to start a build thread and try it yourself, its not as hard (NoHomo) to do and we will be there to help ever step of the way.

So @MI_PIONEER we have rules when u first join as u read but the most important is Rule# 4 and thats posting pics of your rig no matter what condition its in. Big Gretch and her cohorts are watching so Post ‘em up!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Will do when back in town!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
6hrs a little slow today :):):):)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I could walk you through most of it through pics and PM's. Would offer to wire it up for you but honestly you haven't been around here long enough yet. Sounds rude but I've done stuff in the past for new members only to have them bail a month later and you never hear from them again. Good karma on my part but do it too many times and you're just left feeling like a sucker. 🤷‍♂️
Nomo

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I could walk you through most of it through pics and PM's. Would offer to wire it up for you but honestly you haven't been around here long enough yet. Sounds rude but I've done stuff in the past for new members only to have them bail a month later and you never hear from them again. Good karma on my part but do it too many times and you're just left feeling like a sucker. 🤷‍♂️
Nomo
Live and learn.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMO if you are thinking of doing it decide where you are going to put it first and go from there. In front or under the driver side seat are probably the poplar choices

Last edited:
Reactions: Buggyman
KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Winch and plow are easy. Buy the parts from your dealer (shoot for 15% of retail) and install yourself, directions are included. Everything is made to fit your P700. Otherwise have the dealer install the Honda plow and winch, probably about 2-3hrs labor.

Battery, radio, sound bars, lights could be installed at any auto electric shop. They are all 12v and use very basic wiring. Use guidance from this site from the many good members that have installed dual batteries. Pick one of those installs, give the info to your auto electric dealer and turn them loose. Again, do it your self with those same instructions and refer back to the forum or individuals here for guidance.

Most, if not all, installs on the P700 are easy enough for DIY. Just take your time and plow through it. Oh, get moving, summer's coming!

Cheers

Reactions: Buggyman
BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2

Hey, I live in the area (livonia 275 & A.A.road) if you need a hand give me a shout...I have hooked up lights and winches on my own machines in the past. As with everyone, I"ll help you but I wont do it for you...no one can learn anything about their rig like that.... We just picked up our 700 this past week and are planning on some of the same mods as well.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey, I live in the area (livonia 275 & A.A.road) if you need a hand give me a shout...I have hooked up lights and winches on my own machines in the past. As with everyone, I"ll help you but I wont do it for you...no one can learn anything about their rig like that.... We just picked up our 700 this past week and are planning on some of the same mods as well.
Welcome fellow sufferer of the clutches of Big Gretch!

Where bouts you ride?

Reactions: BadMoon
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Fenton Rd and M59 roughly here. Maybe a beer and burger bonfire with everyone in the area that wants to help after a day of installs.
I have room if folks are in for it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!