educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hello all,
I finally got a little time to put a few more miles on the P500 yesterday. I think I'm up to a whopping 44 miles now. When I got home from riding, I played with the "computer" for the first time checking miles and hours, etc... The miles seemed very appropriate but when I got to the hours screen, it read 41. Yes, 41 hours and 44 miles.
Here were the things I checked to make sure I wasn't going insane.
- I made sure I was looking at engine hours and not the countdown to service. It is, for sure, at 41 hrs.
- The countdown to service is accurate on miles as well as hours. It's just the engine hour meter reading
crazy levels.
- I rode it around my neighborhood for a bit to see if it is inappropriately adding hours. I went an additional three miles and it didn't add any hours.

Based on how much time I've gotten to ride, this tells me that it had 34 or so hours when I purchased it. I'm kicking myself for not checking hours when I purchased it but it only had 2 or 3 miles on it so I didn't even think about checking everything else on the display.

Any of you hear of anything like this? I put a call into the dealer but they are closed on Mondays. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
That is a LOT of idle hours for sure!! :eek: What did they do...keep it running while outside the showroom?! :confused: That is definitely strange and curious as to what the dealer has to report on that one. But I am sure it will be your fault! Hopefully you have a good one!!!

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Key was left on, I got a great deal on a brand new riding mower once because the hours made it a used mower. It had never left the dealer, just someone left the key on.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Key was left on, I got a great deal on a brand new riding mower once because the hours made it a used mower. It had never left the dealer, just someone left the key on.
We will see what the dealer says but I'm assuming it's going to go down as a learning experience for me. Live and learn I suppose.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
We will see what the dealer says but I'm assuming it's going to go down as a learning experience for me. Live and learn I suppose.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
the plus on the mower was it didn't have an odometer so they couldn't prove it hadn't been ran that many hours. I haven't researched if the P500 would record ignition on hours but I know a Foreman I had did. Kids played on it and left key on a couple times and it ran up the hours.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Still no reply from the dealer.
But, some new information. I looked at all the pieces on the display again and realized that it is actually counting toward the second service. All calculations are being done so that it will not alert me until 600 miles or 100 hours. I will do the first service at the appropriate time but this throws things off a bit.

Reactions: R-Lamm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!