P500 How many hours,How many miles,How many repairs?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
16 months, 2800 Kms, mostly work, some hunting and messing about. Other than OC and air filters.... do have a tinny (I think) pin hole in the rear outer boot to repair from snagging a stick. Other then that 1 clutch adjustment, swapped out front and rear diff oil for Redline full synthetic and use Honda semi synthetic engine oil. It's worked awesome.

I have added a bunch o' stuff wheels/tires, Blue sea mini auxiliary system and extra battery, custom parts like intake, roof, front window, working on cab doors, UHMW 9.5 mm thick skid plates, UHMW stick stoppers, Winch and plow system and bunch of other trinkets it's a wicked compact very reliable work play machine.

jrc

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
16 months, 2800 Kms, mostly work, some hunting and messing about. Other than OC and air filters.... do have a tinny (I think) pin hole in the rear outer boot to repair from snagging a stick. Other then that 1 clutch adjustment, swapped out front and rear diff oil for Redline full synthetic and use Honda semi synthetic engine oil. It's worked awesome.

I have added a bunch o' stuff wheels/tires, Blue sea mini auxiliary system and extra battery, custom parts like intake, roof, front window, working on cab doors, UHMW 9.5 mm thick skid plates, UHMW stick stoppers, Winch and plow system and bunch of other trinkets it's a wicked compact very reliable work play machine.

jrc
Think you might post some under the hood pics of your dual battery install?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, very clean and nice. Removing the hood to switch batteries is no bueno for me with full windshield on.
I will need the pergo under the dash. Thanks very much for posting!!!

No need to switch batteries as the Blue Sea auxiliary battery set up has an auto isolator on it so it senses when the main battery is low (e.g., for starting) and will draw from both. Also it charges each battery pending charge, (I.e., monitors individual battery independent of the other), will draw all auxiliary power from aux battery (pending how you wire them), like winch I've wired to auxiliary battery. Mine is set up such that the stock battery is isolated for starting only and will not discharge from running auxiliary gear. It also has a main batteries switch to shut all power off, that you could put anywhere. The nice thing is the Blue Sea stuff is waterproof too, its made for marine applications and it's a quality product. So in the ammo box I put insurance papers and manual (have to have for work) and have a fused power outlets for aux gear plus of course the aux battery. I mounted it to the passenger side underhood so I could add e power steering at a later date too.
Cheers,
jrc

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No need to switch batteries as the Blue Sea auxiliary battery set up has an auto isolator on it so it senses when the main battery is low (e.g., for starting) and will draw from both. Also it charges each battery pending charge, (I.e., monitors individual battery independent of the other), will draw all auxiliary power from aux battery (pending how you wire them), like winch I've wired to auxiliary battery. Mine is set up such that the stock battery is isolated for starting only and will not discharge from running auxiliary gear. It also has a main batteries switch to shut all power off, that you could put anywhere. The nice thing is the Blue Sea stuff is waterproof too, its made for marine applications and it's a quality product. So in the ammo box I put insurance papers and manual (have to have for work) and have a fused power outlets for aux gear plus of course the aux battery. I mounted it to the passenger side underhood so I could add e power steering at a later date too.
Cheers,
jrc
Oh that's great. Where'd you buy the kit.

C

cattaco

Oct 15, 2014
I'm at 2650 miles and 380 hours. Changed oil and cleaned air filter.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just bumping this thread... about 450 miles - no repairs yet. 2 oil changes, valve adjustment, cleaned air filter. Still on stock tires/rims.

Anyone have any repairs to report??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

jrc
2 years, 1,000 miles, oil and air. ✌️

Reactions: ehart814
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I've had mine for 10 months, and have put over 2500 miles on it. All but about 12 of those were with 27" Ripsaws mounted. I have changed the oil 3 times, and put gas in it every week. No perceptible bearing wear, no oil usage, no problems of any sort. Tires are beginning to show a little wear, and I will probably replace them this fall. Love my P500. Best money I've ever spent!

S

Sledge

On my pioneer 700, I did the valve adjustment myself at 100 miles. The valve specs were .006 on the intake and .013 on the exhaust. Mine were both at .012 so the intake was way out. At the 600 mile service, they had not changed.

Joey, did the out-of-spec intake valve show any signs?

I'm inclined to follow Montecresto's plan of only adjusting if need is apparent, but your experience concerns me.

Joe

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There may have been a slight rattle but the P700 was loud anyway with the loud tip I had on it.

I could not tell any difference in power. Now, if I had left it alone and it continued to get looser, it may have been more noticeable. And that's only assuming that it was set right and loosened up on its own. It may of been set too loose from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: Sledge
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
15 months, 2450 miles...still only one set of brake pads, fluid changes, and bearings and bushings still tight. One issue I am having (just haven't taken it in yet) is my "L" comes up as a "-" in my display...OK as long as I do not shut off in that gear. Shop believes it is just an adjustment..I'll get it in there someday :)

S

Sledge

There may have been a slight rattle but the P700 was loud anyway with the loud tip I had on it.

I could not tell any difference in power. Now, if I had left it alone and it continued to get looser, it may have been more noticeable. And that's only assuming that it was set right and loosened up on its own. It may of been set too loose from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Thanks Joey.

Joe

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
year strong few minor mishaps but oils changes diff fluids and air filter cleanings and she good as new ( maybe better)

Reactions: SBuckJ

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!