OEM Shocks!!! Is it me or are they bad?

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Let me give some perspective. The springs helped A LITTLE on my R but not anywhere near worth $600.

$600 ST springs maybe 20% improvement.
$1500 Weller Spring and Re-valve 100% improvement. It made an entirely new machine out of my R. It is now a pleasure to drive all day and it doesn't beat me to death. It does sway a bit more (especially with the sway bar disconnected) but you just get used to it and adjust your driving.

I wound never waste any money on just springs. Save the $ and apply it to a total rebuild.

And stay away from ST unless you are a desert racer. Unless they have changed, their setup is too rough for the average rider. If you are planning to re-work your shocks, you should consider Weller Racing out west and Double E and G-Force back east and forget Shock Therapy in my opinion.
Do you care to say what the cost was?

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you care to say what the cost was?

Double E Racing charged me $1600 for all new springs, complete revalving including piston machining, new schrader valve shock caps, and high/low speed compression adjusters.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Do you think the Live Valve models need springs and rebuild, as well?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Yes. I have a X and RLV. My X has the suspension completely done (G-Force Racing and Suspension technology) and rides awesome! My R is better stock than the X was stock but the R valving needs redone to. The only thing the LV really gives you is some control of the valving from the cab....and it will make adjustments as you drive but is limited to the stock valving and plushness. I like the LV and I think it will be awesome once I get it revalved to my style and setup. I love being able to control the settings from the cab and I think a custom valve job on a LV will be the best of both worlds! I have talked to Gary at G-Force and he has a setup for the LV!

• Haha
oldbuggy

oldbuggy

Nov 3, 2021
colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X
its the springs. go to shock therapy website. it’s the rear tender springs. they’re compressed flat. Check it out

Reactions: IDIOT
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Let me give some perspective. The springs helped A LITTLE on my R but not anywhere near worth $600.

$600 ST springs maybe 20% improvement.
$1500 Weller Spring and Re-valve 100% improvement. It made an entirely new machine out of my R. It is now a pleasure to drive all day and it doesn't beat me to death. It does sway a bit more (especially with the sway bar disconnected) but you just get used to it and adjust your driving.

I wound never waste any money on just springs. Save the $ and apply it to a total rebuild.

And stay away from ST unless you are a desert racer. Unless they have changed, their setup is too rough for the average rider. If you are planning to re-work your shocks, you should consider Weller Racing out west and Double E and G-Force back east and forget Shock Therapy in my opinion.
This is what Gforce told me, is this what you’d recommend……….

“This upgrade comes complete with different LV tuning, as well as compression and rebound with dual rated springs custom to your machine with our special made synthetic shock oil. $2450”

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
This is what Gforce told me, is this what you’d recommend……….

“This upgrade comes complete with different LV tuning, as well as compression and rebound with dual rated springs custom to your machine with our special made synthetic shock oil. $2450”
That's what I would recommend and that is what I am going to have G-Force do to mine RLV.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's what I would recommend and that is what I am going to have G-Force do to mine RLV.
Thanks Hometeam. Gary told me I could bring it to their shop in East Tennessee and they could (by appointment) do it all the same day…..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!