P1000m3 Off Season: Where do you store your Pioneer?

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
So this question has been on my mind for buying a Pioneer in the near future. I'm curious where people are storing their Pioneers. I was thinking I could simply put a roof and windshield on and store it outside. But I'm afraid it would become a real mouse house in the winter (I'm in CT). Around here its hard to find a decent cargo trailer for under $4k. I'm surrounded by trees so a canvas carport would just get ripped from branches that may fall. Where do you guys store your Pioneers for a few months in the off season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
No real offseason for mine....I'm in Central, Pa. and we ride year round. When it's not on the trail it's in the garage.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I had my choice, it would remain in my garage at home. Due to space limitations, I am forced to go to the storage facility and replace my pioneer with the snowmobiles after deer hunting season until probably late march depending on the winter. Unless I don't want the sleds at my house. Not enough room for both I'm afraid and I hate it when things have to sit outside at my house. So that means the pioneer will be put to bed for a few months.:(

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So this question has been on my mind for buying a Pioneer in the near future. I'm curious where people are storing their Pioneers. I was thinking I could simply put a roof and windshield on and store it outside. But I'm afraid it would become a real mouse house in the winter (I'm in CT). Around here its hard to find a decent cargo trailer for under $4k. I'm surrounded by trees so a canvas carport would just get ripped from branches that may fall. Where do you guys store your Pioneers for a few months in the off season?

I have the 1000 deluxe, store it in an enclosed 14x7 trailer, use it for hunting and camping trips. Keep a trickle charger on it in the trailer.

100 0920 100 0915

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
in the shed, where it always is. Like others, mine has no off season
20151229 113330 zpsemxhqqtb
20160201 100412 zps4fiqonj1

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So this question has been on my mind for buying a Pioneer in the near future. I'm curious where people are storing their Pioneers. I was thinking I could simply put a roof and windshield on and store it outside. But I'm afraid it would become a real mouse house in the winter (I'm in CT). Around here its hard to find a decent cargo trailer for under $4k. I'm surrounded by trees so a canvas carport would just get ripped from branches that may fall. Where do you guys store your Pioneers for a few months in the off season? No off season for my pioneer in the garage when I'm not using it.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

It's a good post and if you can't store it inside I would put the roof and windshield on it and spend the 150 or less for a cover designed for it if a building is not an option. I will give my 2 cents on mice. They can be a pain in the a$$ however with a bit of moderate control they can be maintained. Use the blocks for bait and not the pellet type as they will carry the pellets and store them. Not sure if that makes sense. Good Luck

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly!!! When it does sit, it sits in shop next to 4wheeler and other power stuff. Gotta tighten up cause there'll be a motorcycle in there now lol. For the guys that do store their stuff for a month or more, highly recommend Stabil fuel stabilizer for all your gas powered equipment. I've worked on small engines of just about any type since early 80s (was Briggs and Kohler certified for a few years) and that stuff really works. Your equipment will fire right up in spring and the alcohol won't eat up your rubber fuel lines.

Reactions: joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I store mine under my butt while riding on trailes all year! Lol

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I've seen the threads on chopping the Pioneer cage. But let's say for storage or transportation purposes on the P500 would it really be a PITA to take the cage on and off? I don't mind 10 mins with a battery powered impact but if it's more like 30 mins it probably isn't worth it?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've seen the threads on chopping the Pioneer cage. But let's say for storage or transportation purposes on the P500 would it really be a PITA to take the cage on and off? I don't mind 10 mins with a battery powered impact but if it's more like 30 mins it probably isn't worth it?

Judging by my 700-2 which I assume has a similar cage as the 500, you could probably have it off in 5 minutes. Looks like 10 bolts maybe, can't remember if there's two behind the seat. And they're all easy to get to.

Reactions: sharp
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Not really an offseason for me but I don't ride much in the hot summer. But I keep mine in my garage. Build you a lean to shed. Tin and a little lumber does a lot.

Reactions: sharp
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I keep mine outside I don't have a garage or big enough shed for it. Storing outside takes it's toll on equipment a shed is on the list next year.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not much off season. Don't have a garage so it'll stay on the deck of my house where I can see it while watching tv.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!