Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This thread is for new members who may need help getting started here at the Honda SxS Club!
If you need help with the forum just respond to this post and we will help you.
If you need help registering use the CONTACT US link or click here
No question is too small or too irreverent.
BUT... if you wish, you are welcome to start a conversation with me HERE or use the private forum HERE!

Current members. If you see a post please offer assistance. Remember no question is too simple or small. We are here to grow the community and the sport. Help a fellow rider!
Thanks.

@Geoff

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@bobbyhill, will you make a new post with that info.

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Tried to post a new thread. Says at the bottom: (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)

Can't seem to find my way around, the help menu doesn't help. I read where it said push the Forum button etc. etc.....mine desktop doesn't look like that and doesn't have a forum button where the poster is pointing.
Robbie Simons

J

Jshell3

Tried to post a new thread. Says at the bottom: (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)

Can't seem to find my way around, the help menu doesn't help. I read where it said push the Forum button etc. etc.....mine desktop doesn't look like that and doesn't have a forum button where the poster is pointing.
Robbie Simons

Basically the main forums (1000, 700,500, and big red) are all structured the same way.
General (engine size) discussion
Pioneer builds
Buying a pioneer
Pioneer reviews
Pioneer photos and videos
Pioneer accessories and mods
Pioneer shop talk
Pioneer wheels and tires
-----------------------------
If you click on any of those sub categories, you should be able to post inside that specific sub category. Remember to keep it on topic.

Where you (and I, and everyone else have insufficient privileges) is in any main category forum structure.
It would be odd to have

General (engine size) discussion
Pioneer builds
Buying a pioneer
Pioneer reviews
Pioneer photos and videos
Pioneer accessories and mods
Pioneer shop talk
Pioneer wheels and tires
Bob, I need help with this lug nut pattern

However, from the main category you can click "pioneer shop talk" and post your lug nut help topic there.

I hope that helps. I've had to learn this, too. Esp working from my phone mostly. I can not see the complete forum menu listings, but I've found my way around easily once I got familiar with how this structure layout works.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jinx and joeymt33
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks @Jshell3
Excellent explanation.

FYI, not to think I overlooked his post. He also sent me a message.
At one point, I did change the wording of "insufficient privileges" to something like "please pick a category to post".
I see it was reverted. Most likely from a backend update.
Add it to my list.
Thanks.

J

Jshell3

Thanks @Jshell3
Excellent explanation.

FYI, not to think I overlooked his post. He also sent me a message.
At one point, I did change the wording of "insufficient privileges" to something like "please pick a category to post".
I see it was reverted. Most likely from a backend update.
Add it to my list.
Thanks.
When he gets "really familiar", he'll just keep tapping the recent posts button over and over and over... lol. I have a love/hate relationship w/ blue dots...!

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you, everyone. I figured it out, and it works fine after I got to the right category. Have to chuck this one up to user-error!

Reactions: joeymt33
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does one become a supporting member, lifetime member, ect....?
I understand that I would purchase the level that I am interested in, but for the life of me I can't find a tab or anything that explains it, how to pay for it, or anything pertaining to it. I love this site and would like to support it, but from the home page there is nothing even mentioning it. Anyone have a work around or is it so obvious that I'm just not seeing it?

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

How does one become a supporting member, lifetime member, ect....?
I understand that I would purchase the level that I am interested in, but for the life of me I can't find a tab or anything that explains it, how to pay for it, or anything pertaining to it. I love this site and would like to support it, but from the home page there is nothing even mentioning it. Anyone have a work around or is it so obvious that I'm just not seeing it?
Go to your own profile page and click "Account Upgrades" hyperlink.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have tried to update to lifetime and it kept saying my expiration date was incorrect . I called pay pal and they said it was the site. What do I need to do?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have tried to update to lifetime and it kept saying my expiration date was incorrect . I called pay pal and they said it was the site. What do I need to do?
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum, hit “buy us a beer” send @Hondasxs a message requesting an upgrade. Not the proper way, but is a work around.

Another option is hit your user name on the top right of screen. Then click account upgrades and try from there.

seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi guys, I started a new post last evening and had been watching it all day today. When i checked in on it a little while ago to see if there were any new responses etc. the post was gone. Was it deleted for some reason? Did i do something wrong? Post was titled "Junk in the Trunk" about storage/tool boxes and gear that we take on our rides. Any help would be appreciated, just wanna make sure i didn't break the rules or something to cause it to be removed. Thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi guys, I started a new post last evening and had been watching it all day today. When i checked in on it a little while ago to see if there were any new responses etc. the post was gone. Was it deleted for some reason? Did i do something wrong? Post was titled "Junk in the Trunk" about storage/tool boxes and gear that we take on our rides. Any help would be appreciated, just wanna make sure i didn't break the rules or something to cause it to be removed. Thanks

Its right here not gone.

https://hondasxs.com/posts/346984

Well I Dunno what the heck is going on with it, but you didn't do anything wrong. It's buggered, I can search and read it but not open it by clicking on it

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well.. That link dont work either.

Standby i'll see whats up.
Ya you can search for it but not open the posts.
Screenshot 20181202 234331 Chrome

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!