P500 Oil Filter Change without Oil Change

PortuguesePioneer

PortuguesePioneer

Jul 24, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Yup I did it.

I changed the oil (first service) and completely spaced out my filter before re-filling.

Can I safely change the filter on the Pioneer 500 without draining the new oil?

Thanks in advance guys!!

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
You should be fine. Either order would work, and whatever you "spaced out" folks up in Maine are smoking, I'll take some, money is no object! Welcome to the club. You'll fit in great! 👍

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Just change it out and then make sure you are full of oil afterward. A quick start after swapping out filter and then check oil level.

Reactions: Mudwing
PortuguesePioneer

PortuguesePioneer

Jul 24, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the replies.

So oil wont come spilling out when I open up the oil filter cover? Great. I was afraid I messed up the process and would have to drain the oil to replace the filter.

@SILVER_ALERT - It grows here all along the trails. Plenty to share.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
You will lose a little but no different than a normal oil change. Just wipe up the mess and make sure its full.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!