Oil in Air Box

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've got a 2021 X2 with 2800 miles. After the last ride I've found some oil in the air box (below the Trumpets). Doesn't seem to soak thru the filter so not a lot but enough I could see a small puddle in the area of the pix . I checked and the oil level is perfect. Did I add a little too much oil at last oil change or what would cause this?? Otherwise, no issues...

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Old thread, hope this isn't your problem.
No smoke. No loss of power. No "funny" noises. Everything is great, just a little oil in the air box.

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi I had that happen twice with mine. When I was able to run 20+ minutes wide open never letting up it flows so much oil for cooling the head it gets sucked up the PCV system.That is one of the reason they are a dry sump motor. If you pull the air cleaner the little piece of foam will have oil in it as well. I put a small catch can in the PCV line. After every race it has about 1/2 a cup or so sometimes less in it. Never had any oil get back up to the air box after that.
Did you have a lot of wide open runs?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!