P1000 Oil leak.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a really minor oil leak. Can't really tell but it seems to me like it is coming from where the exhaust mounts to the head. Like it's coming around the donut gaskets. And I guess I really can't call it a leak it's more just a little bit of oil residue around where both pipes come out of the head and the oil residue is on the head. It's a 2016 with a little over 20k miles. Has anyone ever run into this? Screenshot 20230513 180136 GalleryScreenshot 20230513 180136 GalleryScreenshot 20230513 180159 GalleryScreenshot 20230513 180242 Gallery

Reactions: TripleB
H

HondaTech

I'm not sure if these have the drain holes in the head for the spark plug tubes like the dirt bikes.

If thats the case, maybe oil is getting into that hole and coming out the head.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure if these have the drain holes in the head for the spark plug tubes like the dirt bikes.

If thats the case, maybe oil is getting into that hole and coming out the head.
Not sure either. I pulled the seat back, the plastic under the seat bottom and the plastic in front of the rear seat foot well and gave it a heavy dose of degreaser and a good pressure washing and got it all cleaned up so hopefully I will be able to spot where it's coming from or if it's just residual crap from before I changed the valve cover gasket. Hopefully the latter!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!