• Start date
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an 5+2 wheels now with a 2in spacer all the way around. (See pic)

Now I am thinking about going 4+3 wheel This would be the same as a 1in spacer now. I think I would like having the extra lip plus I wouldn't need a spacer. I may would add a 1in down the road in the back.
STI HD9 Beadlock Wheel

In the end I decided on these tires
STI X Comp ATR Radial Tire

This is the info on the 32s

Talon - 32in tire options

Planning on ordering Monday what do y'all think am I missing anything.
Beadlocks no down side I need to know?
offset problems?
Anyone have problems with this tire? (yes the tire is heavy but still way lighter then the outbacks I have now)
IMG 4006
IMG 3777
IMG 3778

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure if you're aware that if you want the wheels to stay in the same track, the rear need an inch more space than the front. So 2in rear 1in front or 1in rear and nothing in front, OR 4+3 wheels rear and 5+2 in front

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, thats why I said I may add 1in spacers to the back later. The back is different now and I never see it so not sure I will care.

But thanks

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
As @Cuoutdoors said, need an extra inch in the rear to even track width. If you do it with different offset rims, you can not rotate. The STI X looks real good and a lot of good reviews but probably best on rocks/streetish only. West coast guys like them. East coast might be a little tight on tread pattern but should still do good outside of mud.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I almost went with the STI Xcomps until we got in trouble trying to ride dirt roads local and I realized we would only be mud riding. So decided to go more aggressive but I think the Xcomps is great multi use tire.

I think the deeper dish would look good but I tried not to even up the track width and it bothered me so I had to go 2” rear and 1” front.

Awesome looking ride, been one I’ve admired since I bought mine

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, thats why I said I may add 1in spacers to the back later. The back is different now and I never see it so not sure I will care.

But thanks
i figured you knew. I never had spacers on my first machine and it wasnt really an issue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!