P700 Ordered a 700, impatiently waiting!

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good Luck man...same story. I had deposits on 3 last year and happened to call a dealer in North Little Rock (about 6 hrs from KC) who said he had a shiny new 700-4 Deluxe Camo that just came in and the guy decided to back out. I told him I would be there in 2 days in July 2nd 2021. It was mine. Coming up on the year birthday and taking it to the Current River in Van Buren, MO.View attachment 341191
not trying to derail the thread but we need to get together and ride out of Eminence.

Reactions: Smitty335
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First post, put down a deposit on a 700 - 2 seater in the beginning of May. Was supposed to arrive in the beginning of June but it was delayed until beginning of July. Now that is quickly approaching I'm getting excited, but expecting another delay. I guess time will tell, went with the stock green model b/c they had no idea when they could get the deluxe. Luckily I wanted the green and didn't care about the rims, planning to add the aftermarket superatv power steering when I get it.

Thankfully I still have my old RZR 800, now the big decision on whether I should keep it or sell it once the new machine comes in.....Decisions, decisions....

View attachment 340096
Welcome to the club. My only advice would be to trade in the 700 before you get it and get the 1000. I’ve had all three and the 1000 is where it’s at.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club. My only advice would be to trade in the 700 before you get it and get the 1000. I’ve had all three and the 1000 is where it’s at.

Thanks, what kind of riding do you do? I think if more power is what I was after I would probably go with something with better suspension too, but to be fair I haven't been able to even drive one so that's kinda scary....

Thanks

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, what kind of riding do you do? I think if more power is what I was after I would probably go with something with better suspension too, but to be fair I haven't been able to even drive one so that's kinda scary....

Thanks
The 1000 rides much better than the 700. Maybe there is a fellow member close to you that would let you test drive? I wouldn't hesitate to let someone check mine out before they bought one.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have no issue w/ my 700-4. Does everything I want it to and outclimbed a GATOR this past weekend on a very steep rocky hill. It obviously doesnt have the power of a 1000 but it is also about 5K cheaper. When you are spending 20K, it might be time to start thinking about putting that kind of cash into an older truck / jeep...haha.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no issue w/ my 700-4. Does everything I want it to and outclimbed a GATOR this past weekend on a very steep rocky hill. It obviously doesnt have the power of a 1000 but it is also about 5K cheaper. When you are spending 20K, it might be time to start thinking about putting that kind of cash into an older truck / jeep...haha.
Ha. 4 legged gator or 4 wheel gator? My 700 always did everything I wanted it to do. It was a good machine

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks
655D8E4C 6112 484B 978F F35ADBBE810E

We ride all kinds of trails but the 1000 rides better and has more power. I liked my 700, great machine but not for some of the trails we ride.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for all the feedback, it's a strange market right now not being able to see anything....

I am going to be using it on our farm doing chores, firewood, and joyriding in the woods. We also have a cabin where we go ride, but it's not highly technical trails like that pic above. More like dirt roads, railbeds and some trails and mud.

I think I will be ok with the 700 and price is a factor for me, we r paying significantly less than 20k....We went over to our parents farm last night riding. They had loggers in, man they left a mess. Need to spend a week cleaning up our trails that they pretty much ruined. Oh well, always something to do right.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for all the feedback, it's a strange market right now not being able to see anything....

I am going to be using it on our farm doing chores, firewood, and joyriding in the woods. We also have a cabin where we go ride, but it's not highly technical trails like that pic above. More like dirt roads, railbeds and some trails and mud.

I think I will be ok with the 700 and price is a factor for me, we r paying significantly less than 20k....We went over to our parents farm last night riding. They had loggers in, man they left a mess. Need to spend a week cleaning up our trails that they pretty much ruined. Oh well, always something to do right.

You'll be fine with the 700 most likely. I may move up a model one day, but have no issues with what I have. I could sometimes use the extra speed when on the backroads, but not enough to make me trade. I could use an extra gear to quieten it down a bit at 25+ mph, also not enough to make me trade.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Was told that my machine was upgraded to a 2023 and will be shipped to the dealer today. Am I correct that these machines are assembled in South Carolina and not Japan? Getting excited, but still don't believe it will show up promptly....haha

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Was told that my machine was upgraded to a 2023 and will be shipped to the dealer today. Am I correct that these machines are assembled in South Carolina and not Japan? Getting excited, but still don't believe it will show up promptly....haha
Thats great but also points out there isnt likely much change in the 2023 model. They probably just popped a different emblem/decal on it. No worries, when (if) you ever sell it, it will be a year newer.

Based on what you said above, you will be fine w/ the 700. To me those guys that have 1000s probably really want a Talon but need it for work from time to time OR they REALLY work it hard hauling.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thats great but also points out there isnt likely much change in the 2023 model. They probably just popped a different emblem/decal on it. No worries, when (if) you ever sell it, it will be a year newer.

Based on what you said above, you will be fine w/ the 700. To me those guys that have 1000s probably really want a Talon but need it for work from time to time OR they REALLY work it hard hauling.

I read something about bigger storage in the 2023?

I have been unsuccessful at selling my old machines to date, so if history gives any indication, I will be the owner for life (assuming I get it at some point)...haha...

I think I will be happy with the 700, for reference my friends call us grandma and grandpa when we go riding b/c we are always slower than everyone else.....haha.....but I'm excited to have a nice bed on the machine, we have been using our electric golf cart b/c it has a better bed than the RZR...which pretty much has no bed, just room for some tools and a cooler....

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seriously wen to ATV trader and did a 250-500 mile search of all the dealers...got the same story from most but as I said above, called the right guy at the right time and got one. One word of advice and I REFUSED to compromise on this....I wanted one bad and I was willing to go about $500 over....but the dealers that want to charge to 1-5K for no reason other than short stock, I told to go.... #$!@#$@#$@#$ well you know.

Completely their choice and not illegal but that is gouging in my book and told them not only would I not buy from them but would post that on the Yelp sites. They were losing a permanent customer on service by taking advantage of the delays...at least that was my opinion. The real dealers who have been around forever are not doing that. If they will screw you up front, guarantee they are going to get you in the back end also.

Reactions: WagginTail
J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm definitely too cheap to pay any surcharge like that.....I am not a big fan of dealers, in fact I have never purchased any ATV/UTV/CAR new before, i've never taken my machine to a dealer for repairs. Its just the prices of used machines right now are the same or more as I am paying new.

In this instance I am personal friends with the salesman, he comes to my cabin, etc. So I don't think he would screw me intentionally, so I am just waiting....But assuming it shipped out Friday and its coming from South Carolina, sure seems like it should be here this week for them to do final assembly on right?

We will see and I will keep you updated....Thanks

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good for you but not everyone knows a "salesman". However, my thoughts are price aside, you CAN hold a dealer responsible if they value their business at all and then you can always ask Honda to be involved. When you buy from Craigslist or ATVTrader or a friend of a friend...you are completely at the mercy of whatever they tell you. However, most dealers are fine, just a few anxious sales folks and poor store managers make it a challenge. The bottom line is this...at some point they will have plenty of "$15K+" toys sitting on their showroom floor begging someone to buy them. Especially if the morons telling us everything is fine and there is no inflation or border crisis and the most important thing is what bathroom someone uses keep getting elected.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with you on all accounts....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!