Ordered paddle tires but the install was difficult

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Ordered paddle tires but when they showed up here's what they looked like. I was able to get one to seat but the rest were so distorted they just laughed at me. I tried ratchet straps but it made them worse.

I heated them up and took them to the tire shop and they had to use a bead blaster tank to get them to seat. After an hour or so they had the tires mounted. What a PITA.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had some sunf bighorn knockoffs for my magnum show up shipped smashed like that. Luckily it was hot summer and I left them bake in the parking lot. They still took a cheetah to seat them.

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
They look fantastic. Really like the blue/black combination too. An accelerant does work but not really recommended. Had to do a front tire on a backhoe that way once. The boss said wait until everybody is on lunch break.

R

russdekruyf

Apr 3, 2023
Twin Falls, ID
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really like the look of those sand tires on stock wheels, what size are they? Are they GMZ Sand Stripper XL-TT 30x13-15 and 30x15-15?

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I really like the look of those sand tires on stock wheels, what size are they? Are they GMZ Sand Stripper XL-TT 30x13-15 and 30x15-15?
Pretty sure that's them, here are the part numbers from Rocky Mountain ATVMC. Fronts 2000680002 and rears 2000700002. I ran 10 PSI in them for a few days last week in Florence Oregon with no problems.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!