P1000 Original Bighorns to replace my stock tires?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My stock Black Stone tire’s are getting to the point of needing to be replaced. I would like to replace them with a set of original Bighorns in the stock sizes (27x9-12 fronts & 27x11-12 rears). After looking at the available sizes, I noticed that the rear size is only available in a 27x12-12 when searching the “original” Bighorn. Any issues with going 1” wider on tire size? I will be mounting them on the factory black steel wheels that my machine came with. Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My stock Black Stone tire’s are getting to the point of needing to be replaced. I would like to replace them with a set of original Bighorns in the stock sizes (27x9-12 fronts & 27x11-12 rears). After looking at the available sizes, I noticed that the rear size is only available in a 27x12-12 when searching the “original” Bighorn. Any issues with going 1” wider on tire size? I will be mounting them on the factory black steel wheels that my machine came with. Thanks.
Nah I think you should be fine.

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, if I’d go with the 2.0 I can get the stock size. I think that I prefer the originals tho.
Original is a tuffer tire. What terrain do you ride in?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Original is a tuffer tire. What terrain do you ride in?
Pretty all of the main Wisconsin trail systems. Black River Falls, Hurley, Dunbar, Oconto, Florence. Terrain ranges from sand, mud, railroad ballast, gravel, rock, and road travel. I had originals on my Rincon and really liked them.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty all of the main Wisconsin trail systems. Black River Falls, Hurley, Dunbar, Oconto, Florence. Terrain ranges from sand, mud, railroad ballast, gravel, rock, and road travel. I had originals on my Rincon and really liked them.
I forgot your in wi. Like me. I much prefer an automotive style tire for our state. Plus they do really well in the snow too. If you want the best from my experience. Tensor regulator. Or rockabilly. Tensor is better on blacktop. Rockabilly is better in mud.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I forgot your in wi. Like me. I much prefer an automotive style tire for our state. Plus they do really well in the snow too. If you want the best from my experience. Tensor regulator. Or rockabilly. Tensor is better on blacktop. Rockabilly is better in mud.
I took a look at those two. It appears that neither are available in my size.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took a look at those two. It appears that neither are available in my size.
You should be able to get the tensor in a 28x10x12. I had them on the 700 and 1000.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!