OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uncle

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Probably getting more attention lately since I-75 was shut down there and Hwy 63 was part of the detour traffic route. Jackal is also correct about the City of Huntsville. The State passed a new law that during certain events that ATV's can ride on Hwy 63 in Huntsville to get to food and gas, but the State Police do not like.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Probably getting more attention lately since I-75 was shut down there and Hwy 63 was part of the detour traffic route. Jackal is also correct about the City of Huntsville. The State passed a new law that during certain events that ATV's can ride on Hwy 63 in Huntsville to get to food and gas, but the State Police do not like.
More specifically most of the tickets were not for just riding on the road it was riding on the road without a helmet, which you have to have without a DOT windshield or under any condition for anyone under 18. Just a young passenger would get you a ticket from State Police only.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
So trailering to and from Comfort Inn is going to be necessary?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too bad there isn't a way to securely leave machines at the site so all ya gotta do is drive over.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
with all y'all staying at the site can't u keep an eye on others over night? u know the buddy system lol

Reactions: markie
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
with all y'all staying at the site can't u keep an eye on others over night? u know the buddy system lol
I was gonna suggest that as well but didn't know how people would take it. We are up on the hill overlooking the store. But I'd definitely keep my eyes peeled. Cannot stand a thief!!! Ask my youngest stepson lol. He's pretty much banned from this property due to sticky fingers.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It wouldn't bother me if someone wants to leave a rig at my cabin. Can always hide it behind the trailer and truck . Probably alot less likely to have problems at rrb compared to a hotel parking lot

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I don't think our event is on the radar and cautiously say I think you would be OK to drive the SXS that short distance. Where people are having issues with the State Police is on big advertised off road events, holiday weekends, and the event of I-75 having been closed routed a ton more traffic on that highway. With all that traffic that's where the police are. Just like Baby Face Nelson when asked why do you rob banks? "Because that's where the money is." Lot of money in ticketing out of state people who won't challenge it, so its an easy revenue maker to prey on that opportunity.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I was thinking that, but i was wondering how many SxS atv's are allowed at a site or cabin. I know there will be a good many trucks//SXS parked at our cabin just from our group.

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
How many people staying at Comfort Inn? If we have enough vehicles we can circle the wagons and help secure our sxs's.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I can't speak for my cabin until my crowd gets there as we need to gauge parking. But if we have room, would be happy to help as we can.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
folks are welcome to park near my camper if they want. You could even pull it up on my 20' trailer to park it. That would be better than a hotel parking lot.

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody can park by my cabin

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
please take the following very seriously. Thief's target Hotels on events etc... I drag race motorcycles all year long and every year lots get stolen from hotels!! Its a know deal and every year people still take trailers to hotels rather than leave them at the track and I understand why, but those suns b****es steel truck trailers trailers only. one time they cut a hole in the side of a trailer and took bikes out the side of it AT A HOTEL FOR Heaven SAKES what they did was take a screw gun and dismantled a panel off of one side lol wow Much safer outside of BILLY BOBS TRAILER at the camp site!!!

Reactions: Tramguage1
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
please take the following very seriously. Thief's target Hotels on events etc... I drag race motorcycles all year long and every year lots get stolen from hotels!! Its a know deal and every year people still take trailers to hotels rather than leave them at the track and I understand why, but those suns b****es steel truck trailers trailers only. one time they cut a hole in the side of a trailer and took bikes out the side of it AT A HOTEL FOR Heaven SAKES what they did was take a screw gun and dismantled a panel off of one side lol wow Much safer outside of BILLY BOBS TRAILER at the camp site!!!

Man that sounds like a good way to get your head blown off...

Reactions: Tflynn
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
these guys want a quick buck and sill stop at nothing to get it u know yo dog drizzle dizzel lmao

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just lock a bear in there! We had a drunk guy come poking around 2 years ago in northern wi. My great Dane and Chesapeake Bay retriever let him know real quickly he wasn't welcome . There both great dogs but when the kids are around your not!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
FYI, we have hired a security guard Friday and Saturday night at the campground. Still, the guard would not be able to oversee everything or have anyway to know who's pioneer belongs to who. Still, I think budding up and trusting a respected club member at camp would be best as I can't speak for the hotel vulnerability.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Just lock a bear in there! We had a drunk guy come poking around 2 years ago in northern wi. My great Dane and Chesapeake Bay retriever let him know real quickly he wasn't welcome . There both great dogs but when the kids are around your not!
I used to breed Great Danes one of my fav breeds other is boxer.. I have two rescused Pitts now when they leave which is soon I'm getting a Great Dane.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.