OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Pics?? (Just kiddin) lmao. Don't think I've ever peed in a bag before. Lots of Mountain Dew bottles though. The one liters work great with the large opening. Less chance of missing while driving down the road lmao
LOL!

Pee wee

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Any body know up to date count yet .I've seen 2 pull out already. Things happen. We are still coming. Too much invested now.lol

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any body know up to date count yet .I've seen 2 pull out already. Things happen. We are still coming. Too much invested now.lol
Wouldn't miss it for the world. Absolutely love talking Pioneer with others. I've met PioneerPete and Joey and very much enjoyed talking with them. Looking forward to that campfire conversation lol. I might even have to drink a beer or 6 (something I haven't done in 3 or 4 years). Would like to say I'll be styling with my new wheels but by then they'll be very mud stained and gouged from sharp rocks lol

Reactions: Marine660
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Wouldn't miss it for the world. Absolutely love talking Pioneer with others. I've met PioneerPete and Joey and very much enjoyed talking with them. Looking forward to that campfire conversation lol. I might even have to drink a beer or 6 (something I haven't done in 3 or 4 years). Would like to say I'll be styling with my new wheels but by then they'll be very mud stained and gouged from sharp rocks lol
My rims were dented up and tires had cuts all over after the windrock group ride last year. That part of Tenn is very rocky.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My rims were dented up and tires had cuts all over after the windrock group ride last year. That part of Tenn is very rocky.
It's rocky here too. I cringed the first time I seen my deluxe rims scrape a rock. After that, I didn't really care. That's why I bought it

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Stimey, you aint missing nothing but traffic.

So I'm a newbie to this. Any advice on what to bring? Did a ride two week ago and almost everyone had the wader or at least some thigh high boots. Not familiar with RB so not too sure.
I know I need to bring money, beer, gas, spare tire??? beer, some tools, tow strap, beer, and my ride

View attachment 12086

me to the far right. everyone was impressed with how my 500 performed. that picture was less that half of the group. the rest went back halfway through
Am I seeing only one helmet?

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Wow your wife pulled that one too? Lol. I hear at least once a week how I could've bought a very nice 4x4 truck for what the Pioneer cost. She didn't say much about the 1100 I spent on roof and windshield and only rolled her eyes over the 550 for more new tires or 200 for the snorkel. She doesn't know about the new wheels that'll be here Wed lol. Kinda hard to hide those lol.
$1100 on roof n windshield. WOW! That hurts me. I bought mine bone stock w/out any accessories. First ride out with wife and within 200yd of being in woods she said "a widsheild would deffinantly be nice and was being purchased". Funny how that worked. New yrs ride poked a hole in RF sidewall, she replied guess u can find some tires - couldn't find size I wanted in price range in 12" so found used 14's n then she picked wheels out. Wife wants a radio too so I found a used roof on here and radios next.. :D

Reactions: markie
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
$1100 on roof n windshield. WOW! That hurts me. I bought mine bone stock w/out any accessories. First ride out with wife and within 200yd of being in woods she said "a widsheild would deffinantly be nice and was being purchased". Funny how that worked. New yrs ride poked a hole in RF sidewall, she replied guess u can find some tires - couldn't find size I wanted in price range in 12" so found used 14's n then she picked wheels out. Wife wants a radio too so I found a used roof on here and radios next.. :D
Haha that's funny I use the same strategy. I've been wanting to do a bucket seat upgrade since I saw @JACKAL do it on his 500. It's rather pricey when it's all said and done and the wife just wasn't hopping on board. So just this Saturday we go riding on some whooped out trails and were bouncing all over. On the ride home she says, "maybe we do need those seats!"

Reactions: Tramguage1
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's how I hooked mine. Got up to 40mph back in January on our driveway and she was ready for a windshield lol. Then she said we need a top to go with it (she's a keeper for sure). She seen the snorkel but hasn't seen the tires in the shop and obviously not the wheels since they ain't here yet lol. I figure I'll get them mounted and spring it on her all at once. Hey she just spent 3 grand on a tanning bed so I got a little wiggle room lol

Reactions: markie and dale5740
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's how I hooked mine. Got up to 40mph back in January on our driveway and she was ready for a windshield lol. Then she said we need a top to go with it (she's a keeper for sure). She seen the snorkel but hasn't seen the tires in the shop and obviously not the wheels since they ain't here yet lol. I figure I'll get them mounted and spring it on her all at once. Hey she just spent 3 grand on a tanning bed so I got a little wiggle room lol
I tried the you just bought this or that. Then the wife broke down how much I've spent and I walk away with my tail tucked between my legs.

Reactions: lee
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried the you just bought this or that. Then the wife broke down how much I've spent and I walk away with my tail tucked between my legs.
First rule is to NEVER count up how much you've spent! Either throw away the receipts or stick them in a box and stash it somewhere. Might get you a dollar or two when reselling but don't count on it. I learned that lesson when I was dragracing. I had close to 10 grand in my little 945 nitrous motor alone. Sold entire bike for 3500. They just don't being nowhere near what you've got in it. I spent 6 on the Vance&Hines head alone. Only counting I do is the number of good times I spend behind the wheel.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Man it makes me feel good to see all the support from you guys. Thought I was the only one who bought things installed them n didn't show or tell until wife noticed and by then it was "O I got those a month or two ago." :rolleyes: That's where the side work money comes into play. No receipts for the check book or on the credit card!! :D:cool: Burns the wife up or it use to anyways. She's came to terms with it well atleast pretty close to it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may exaggerate a bit on some stories lol. Honestly wife doesn't really care what I spend as long as I don't get stupid with it lol. She's real easy going. She goes to exotic animal auctions and I always tell her to buy whatever she wants. Never know what's gonna be in a cage sitting in the mud room the next morning lol. To date it's been Capuchin monkeys, kinkajous, Arctic foxes (my favorite), short tailed opossums, and a few hedgehogs. Most she resells. The foxes got out and were killed by coyotes.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyways, how many days til the ride?? The anticipation is getting to me lol

advertisement